US Religion?

JM1

Forum Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Is there anyone here who's vegan for religious reason?

Reactions: Hog
Not me. With the exception of Jainism, none of the major religions (Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism, and Sikhism) seem to present a consistently pro-vegetarian message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_T and Lou
Yes but they are not absolutely against veganism either.
Agreed, and there are vegetarian adherents within all of the world religions.

However, the Old Testament of the Bible includes graphic instructions for animal sacrifice (spoiler: the animal's blood shall be painted on the priest's ear and sprinkled on the vestments and altar).

Agreed, and there are vegetarian adherents within all of the world religions.

However, the Old Testament of the Bible includes graphic instructions for animal sacrifice (spoiler: the animal's blood shall be painted on the priest's ear and sprinkled on the vestments and altar).
Yes I agree as a bible scholar. I know some people at my 7th day Adventist church are vegetarian and just thought I'd ask out of curiosity 🤷‍♀️

“Is there anyone here who's vegan for religious reason?” - JM1

I like the question. The Bible and other religious texts seem to talk about stewardship of animals. I think the Quran even gives advice on humane slaughter.

The condition of factory farms are absolutely inhumane. Thus, the questions in my mind becomes: “Would Jesus be a vegan?”
“Would Mohammed be a vegan?”
“Would Buddha be a vegan?”

Reactions: Mischief

I like the question. The Bible and other religious texts seem to talk about stewardship of animals. I think the Quran even gives advice on humane slaughter.

The condition of factory farms are absolutely inhumane. Thus, the questions in my mind becomes: “Would Jesus be a vegan?”
😀😄😁

If anyone is interested, there is a documentary, Prayer For Compassion, that I discussed here.

also it has come up in several other threads. You can just search for it in the VF or google if you're interested in what people thought.

Reactions: Hog
This just in...

In Spain, Burger King had to apolgze for an ad campaign.

In the campaign, they had billboards promoting their vegetarian burger. paraphrasing Jesus with quotes like,

"Take all of you and eat of it," "Which doesn’t have meat. 100% vegetarian. 100% flavor. Big King Vegetable."

Another ad read, "Flesh of my flesh," but crossed out the word "flesh" and replaced it with vegetable.

This just in...

In Spain, Burger King had to apolgze for an ad campaign.

In the campaign, they had billboards promoting their vegetarian burger. paraphrasing Jesus with quotes like,

"Take all of you and eat of it," "Which doesn’t have meat. 100% vegetarian. 100% flavor. Big King Vegetable."

Another ad read, "Flesh of my flesh," but crossed out the word "flesh" and replaced it with vegetable.

They seriously should have known better

Reactions: David3

Your name is so unique, how did you get it?