US Religion?

The problem is the only people who really know what happens after we die are all dead. We can only guess.

I sorta believe in reincarnation myself, but maybe I'm just being hopeful that we get a second chance.
I am one of those pesky agnostics, I don't feel strongly one way or another. I'm not gonna pretend to know for sure what happens after death.

People think you need religion for morals, I think being uncertain about life after death is a reason to be kind to each other.
If we don't have life after death, it doesn't make our life less meaningful.

I sorta believe in reincarnation because my mom likes to talk about living a life before this so it sorta rubbed off on me. I'm willing to accept that I'm wrong.
I also remember waiting to be born. Being impatient that I had to learn how to walk and talk. The sadness of having to die. But idk, maybe it's my imagination. I felt this when I was very young.
I remember waiting to feel alive, it was like even though I existed, I didn't have a body, wasn't able to do anything and wondered why. Then I became more aware, feeling alive.

I do believe her when she says she lived this life before, but had different outcomes. But maybe it's just fun to talk about and believe.

What I believe is nothing in this life is guaranteed, even life after death.

Last edited:
It seems to me that if you believe in reincarnation that you should be at least vegetarian.
The Pythorograirans (sp?) were. According to their writing, they were vegetarian because they believed in reincarnation. that chicken you were planning to have for dinner could be your late Uncle Fred And who knows what kind of animal you would be in your next life.

Reactions: Stardust1986
That is not me. I found the picture on the internet.

Vegan is far less expensive than animal products. I typically live on less than $2 a day on food as of recently. I can go as low as $1 a day.

Eating vegan meat and vegan cheese is rather expensive though. But, I do not have any cravings for meat and cheese. Thus, I can live inexpensively.
Hi How have you been lately, with this heat-wave surging through... It's like what happened to spring, summer's on the verge of breaking through over here on the east coast at 80 degrees today. I can only imagine how crisp a breeze would be if there weren't so many carnivores that support animal agriculture, which causes the increase of greenhouse gases...

It seems that the Jehovah's witnesses are just a big scam run by a bunch of guys in New York, so that they can get easy money and free labor.

I grew up not far from a JD church-whatever they call it- and knew many. Never found them any more cultist than any other evangelical group
Not as crazy as my co worker :fp:

The problem is the only people who really know what happens after we die are all dead. We can only guess.

I sorta believe in reincarnation myself, but maybe I'm just being hopeful that we get a second chance.
I am one of those pesky agnostics, I don't feel strongly one way or another. I'm not gonna pretend to know for sure what happens after death.

People think you need religion for morals, I think being uncertain about life after death is a reason to be kind to each other.
If we don't have life after death, it doesn't make our life less meaningful.

I sorta believe in reincarnation because my mom likes to talk about living a life before this so it sorta rubbed off on me. I'm willing to accept that I'm wrong.
I also remember waiting to be born. Being impatient that I had to learn how to walk and talk. The sadness of having to die. But idk, maybe it's my imagination. I felt this when I was very young.
I remember waiting to feel alive, it was like even though I existed, I didn't have a body, wasn't able to do anything and wondered why. Then I became more aware, feeling alive.

I do believe her when she says she lived this life before, but had different outcomes. But maybe it's just fun to talk about and believe.

What I believe is nothing in this life is guaranteed, even life after death.
Human emotions are so complex, sometimes people dont need what's rational, they need psychological and emotional support and meaning significant to them. I love agnosticism, it's the only true scientific position. I'm a pesky atheist Lol, so I get it, people aren't always so warm hearted toward non religious people. Your absolutely right though, being a good person doesnt depend on relious belief or spiritual beliefs, it's not like everyone who goes to prison for murder is an atheist/agnostic. It's in the content of our character, the goodness we bring to the world. Life is usually what you make of it, and we could all make the world a great and wonderful place

it's not like everyone who goes to prison for murder is an atheist/agnostic.

Judging by polling, probably not.
It's in the content of our character, the goodness we bring to the world. Life is usually what you make of it, and we could all make the world a great and wonderful place
I used to live in a community with a higher than normal Mormon Population. IMHO the LDS religion is right there with the stupidest. but EVERY mormon family I got to know were the nicest people. (that Southpark episode got it exactly right).

ONE of the problem I have with religions is with the hypocrisy of the typical congregants. They can quote scripture but they don't follow the Spirit of the law.

Judging by polling, probably not.

I used to live in a community with a higher than normal Mormon Population. IMHO the LDS religion is right there with the stupidest. but EVERY mormon family I got to know were the nicest people. (that Southpark episode got it exactly right).

ONE of the problem I have with religions is with the hypocrisy of the typical congregants. They can quote scripture but they don't follow the Spirit of the law.
Even in the Southpark episode, the focus was on people are just people, no ones better or more humane because of their religious beliefs. There are so many intelligent people on all sides of the table, we have been here in life so briefly, and so we must be open to the vast pool of ideas we are all privileged to have : )

Reactions: Lou
Even in the Southpark episode, the focus was on people are just people, no ones better or more humane because of their religious beliefs. There are so many intelligent people on all sides of the table, we have been here in life so briefly, and so we must be open to the vast pool of ideas we are all privileged to have : )
I seem to be in TV/movie references mode.
Although I think that Southpark episode was perfect, another relevant movie to this discussion is the Invention of Lying.
I also am reminded of the Documentary, Religulous

Reactions: Stardust1986
I seem to be in TV/movie references mode.
Although I think that Southpark episode was perfect, another relevant movie to this discussion is the Invention of Lying.
I also am reminded of the Documentary, Religulous
I love SouthPaek for its honesty, and it's funny Lol, thank you for helping me, I really appreciate the support

Televangelists are a pretty big industry now days, it's a shame that they don't really contribute anything to society.

I personally was the most impressed with Richard Dawkins rebuttal against religious beliefs, but I dont feel we should be creul or mock people, no matter what they think or believe. As long as those personal beliefs aren't being used as an excuse to oppress or harm others, it all should be perfectly acceptable

Holly crap, I just found out about the Westboro Baptist Church, it's really hard to believe that this is real. I guess in all his infinite lovingness, God hates everyone he created with the exception of around 70 people. Imagine how hatful you have to be to actually believe in that stuff. I imagine that if it turned out some other Christian religion where true, and all these folks went to hell, they wouldn't mind it because then they could enjoy watching everyone else suffer. Their website's domain name is literally godhatesfags.com, I can't believe this isn't a joke, I'm familiar with a lot of joke religions, and most of then are less ridiculous than this one.

I didn't become vegan for religious reasons but I would be happy to stay vegan for such as I don't believe God created, intended or likes the existence of suffering.