Hello there!

sugarhiccup

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello all!

Newish vegan (ish) here! I've been lurking the boards for months now and decided to make an account finally.

Been vegan off and on for the past seventeen years. My journey into veganism started for religious purposes and then that led me onto a new path of learning more in detail about Veganism , animal health and treatment, human health and the food system, etc. etc. . It was a huge eye opener and completely changed my life and how I view animals, people and the world and how food is grown and sold. For animal example : the way I care for my yard. I cannot use pesticides anymore and with new eyes look at the yard, aka my little corner of the world, as a place to keep animals safe and try and work with God and with nature to not kill some of "...the least of these.". My yard doesn't look the shiniest or the best, it's kinda scraggily, but the woodland critters seem to be happy and I'm happy that while they're munching on my wildflowers that they're not getting a mouthful of chemical soup. My neighbors don't understand why I won't "just kill them", meaning my yard critters, and I hope that over time I can lead by example and change some minds.

The current state of my Vegan journey is again health reasons. Apparently Veganism helps women going through peri and menopause! So diving into that new , and uh, fun (?)chapter. :unamused:

So, hello to all again, and very happy to be here!

• Love
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
:welcome:
Just an anecdote, but I've included much soy in my diet through the years, any issue with period crampiness lessened, and no problems at all with menopause

:welcome:
Just an anecdote, but I've included much soy in my diet through the years, any issue with period crampiness lessened, and no problems at all with menopause

not just anecdotal.

Soy isoflavones may help reduce hot flashes and night sweats that many women have during menopause. In clinical studies, postmenopausal women who eat high amounts of dietary soy protein (20 to 60 g per day) generally have fewer and less intense hot flashes and night sweats than those who eat less soy.​