Rampant Racism in America

I guess most of you have heard of this, pretty awful story :(

Dallas police officer Amber Guyger charged in fatal shooting of Botham Shem Jean - CNN
Police Officer who killed Bonham Shem Jean after intruding into his home identified - The Root

Bonham Shem Jean, the victim, was everything that black people are told to aspire to - son of a respectable Caribbean family, came to the US and studied in Harvard with very good marks, was active in church, had a good position with the auditing prestigious company Price Waterhouse Coopers, but that cop lady entered his apartment, supposedly thinking it was her own, and ended up shooting him dead.

Police on one hand followed the procedure to give the officer the customary 48 hours to "wind down" (some voices say "and get her story straight"), while at the other hand denying that it was even an officer involved shooting, as the officer was not on duty at the time. So which one is it? Texas rangers were brought in as "independent reviewers", and suggested finally that she be taken into custody (like any private citizen would immediately have been), by now she is released on bail again.

My guess would have been that it is somehow in the name that a "diversity" visa program would not be targeted primarily at white people,

(But then, it might very well be that the people starting this initiative consider "diversity" to mean "we don't only want to get people from >>shithole<< countries")

So this guy was trying to provoke those 4 black students, and insulting the white student that was taking their side, all the while already hiding his drawn gun behind his back (which they luckily saw by chance), ready to "stand his ground".

That he is now being investigated by police for "Assualt with a deadly weapon WITHOUT THE INTENT TO KILL" does not seem to be the correct charge to me. :mad:

This is what riles me up about this BS MAGA crap. All the people on board with this all have ancestors from somewhere else!! Those ancestors stole the land from the indigenous people. It's all glossed over in so many textbooks; it makes me sick. Students need to read more outside of school to get a sense of what really happened in the formation of America. It wasn't pretty.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...spanish-in-a?utm_term=.kvkgDVbzMw#.kvkgDVbzMw

“Not a racist”

********. If they were white and speaking, say, Swedish, she would have ignored them.
"...You're in my country. .....You need to speak [*insert language*] if you're going to be in [*insert country*].":fp:
We have the same in here, but with "churki" (offensive name for immigrants from central Asia and the peoples in general, which are "not completely white").:sigh: Though most of the time it's "none of my business", i'm always outraged by such an attitude towards churki and other immigrants, particularly i'm infuriated when Armenians and Azerbaijanians are called that word and treated that way.:mad:

Last edited: