Post Something Cool From The Internet

This is for @Blues, @Veganite, and everyone who is interested. I find this "highlights video" quite entertaining and not boring. This funny dude is a well-known travel vlogger. This small plot is about Turkmenistan. They have ancient culture and fascinating traditions. It's so bad that because of their dictator, they're mostly living in the 19th century... The fact that they're used to semi-nomadic type of living doesn't mean they cannot live a better life.

Reactions: Veganite and Blues
An unexpected video from "Living big in a tiny house" channel. I like this channel, and they mostly speak about modern tiny houses (very interesting). But this time, they made a video about a reconstruction of Celtic iron age roundhouses.

Another cool "highlights" video from that dude. This time, it's Tadjikistan. These mountains are magnificent, and cultural traditions are authentic. I saw some professional documentaries about this country, and i thought that it would be nice to visit it. What about random footages by Youtube vloggers,- sometimes it's nice to see an "exotic" country from a different perspective. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but if someone asked me, if i'd like to visit Europe or Central Asia, i would choose Asia over Europe. (Scandinavia is an exception though,- i would go there once again, and would stay, lets say, in Norway, for a couple months).
Anyway, there are a lot of Turkic peoples among our citizens. You can't go grocery shopping without meeting any vendors or cashiers of Turkic origin. I used to know some merry guys from Tajikistan. They own a medium-sized trading spot in Ribbon mall. They sell all thinkable and unthinkable dried fruits, nuts and oriental treats, plus they sell some souvenirs. One guy (Sayeed, the owner) was so touched that i spoke to them like if they were humans(!!!), that he made efforts to speak russian (it was hard to him) and introduced me to his favourite Iranian pop singer. I also gave him a fruit bar (after the fruit bar, i became their "best acquaintance among russians", lol).
I realized that i miss mountains badly. In the mountains i feel my initial connection with Sumerian gods, and i find the meaning.

This is for @Freesia and everyone who is interested. Quite a detailed movie (37 minutes) about Vladivostok. It's filmed by a well-known russian vlogger, so it's a pretty honest movie (various problems are raised here). He speaks decent English, IMO, so i believe it's comprehensible.

Last edited:
Another video by that dude, and it's about my city (SPb)! It was filmed 10.5 months ago, so this look is quite credible (even the dam to Kronstadt island across Finn gulf had already been built by that time). I crossed Finn gulf recently (back and forth)! (Elijah and i took Gala from Kronstadt to Kolpino).
It's obvious, that this vlogger loves SPb. Well, there are many reasons to love it, despite certain issues.

Reactions: Freesia
😍
"P.&O. - Orient lines fleet". "I am a passenger". (1960-1969).
...blin, i was pleased to see this video: it reminded me of our trip to Scandinavia on ships (Aug.14-20, 2019). Eeeh...nostalgia.:ma::sigh:

Reactions: Freesia
This is for @Freesia and everyone who is interested. Quite a detailed movie (37 minutes) about Vladivostok. It's filmed by a well-known russian vlogger, so it's a pretty honest movie (various problems are raised here). He speaks decent English, IMO, so i believe it's comprehensible.

Looks so cool, i feel like moving there sometimes, when i look at pictures of it... looks like so many nice places to walk....

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
I posted it once on VV, a long time ago, but i like this set of photos, so posting it again.
"32 vintage photos of Native American women and children from the 19th & early 20th century".

Look what i found! A relatively new documentary about Armenia (in English). This host, Laura McKenzie is a little annoying, but the movie is high quality and it shows some essential sights, so that potential guests could get interested and then continue exploring the country themselves.
Screenshot_2020-07-17-13-13-33-873_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Reactions: Lou
Outside and inside luxurious Maraya concert hall in Al Ula, Saudi Arabia. It set the Guinness world records for the largest mirrored building in the world.

Reactions: Blues
Outside and inside luxurious Maraya concert hall in Al Ula, Saudi Arabia. It set the Guinness world records for the largest mirrored building in the world.

looks like a mirage within a mirage Val.

Reactions: Val
No roads, landscaping, parking? maybe they are all on the other side?
I dunno, i can see some traces of tyres on the sand everywhere. Considering that you have to drive through the desert to get there, and that they all have SUV, at least,- i suspect, no real parking lot needed. E.g. i have a follower on Instagram, - he's from Algeria. They frequently go to the desert for picnics or just to have a walk. He also goes there to take pictures, as he's a professional photographer. The desert is huge, and all people around are wealthy: they are even not afraid that their SUVs might be stolen. They just leave their trucks somewhere behind a nearest rock/cliff and wander pointlessly over a few dunes on foot just to make videos of some desert goats/whatever and pictures of starry sky (they mostly launch drones), then go back to their cars and go back to the city. Those who have a day off, sleep in their cars in the desert, and the next day, they continue enjoying their "leisure". :lol:

• Love
Reactions: Lou