Suggestion Require content with a posted video

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. The same is true about posting other types of links.

Unsure if this should be a rule, and if so how it should be phrased. Could it be tagged onto an existing rule? Or if it should go into an etiquette for posting.

OP
OP
beancounter

beancounter

The Fire That Burns Within
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment. The same is true about posting other types of links.

Unsure if this should be a rule, and if so how it should be phrased. Could it be tagged onto an existing rule? Or if it should go into an etiquette for posting.

I'd say etiquette.

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Would this apply to links too? A lot of times people post just a link, myself included. A part of me thinks it’s not necessary for links because one could assume it fits within the subject matter of the thread. But then couldn’t the same be said for videos?
If the purpose is to generate discussion then I think it would apply for both. Or not. 😁🤷🏻‍♀️

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Would this apply to links too? A lot of times people post just a link, myself included. A part of me thinks it’s not necessary for links because one could assume it fits within the subject matter of the thread. But then couldn’t the same be said for videos?
If the purpose is to generate discussion then I think it would apply for both. Or not. 😁🤷🏻‍♀️
Another good reason to include a brief comment is that it makes the post discoverable with our search function.
So I'm for including comments with links and videos.
I hadn't really thought about it before but I think its a good idea.

KLS52

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I never even thought about the search function! Definitely a plus.

Reactions: Lou

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sorry for dropping the ball on this. Since we don't have a separate etiquette or similar yet, I have added this as a new rule (#8).

As before, there is a link to the rules in the footer of every page. Direct link: Terms and rules

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC