Post Something Cool From The Internet

HA! googled it and found it.

View attachment 22214
Surprisingly, this was the first phrase that we learned at our Latin lessons at school: "Experientia est optima magistra". (No one could translate it, except Unghshu, because they were unfamiliar with English words, some of which derive from Latin words obviously, hehehe). Those were the good times. Those Latin lessons helped me much later, in Conservatoire!😼

We have a family of skunks. I've gotten to kinda like how the smell that just linger around them smells
We have possums too- ones gotten pretty freindly with my son when he goes outside at night!

• Love
Reactions: Val
We have a family of skunks. I've gotten to kinda like how the smell that just linger around them smells
We have possums too- ones gotten pretty freindly with my son when he goes outside at night!
...i've never ever seen skunks or possums around. They are not native to our continent.:shrug:
But when i was little, i saw a black mink once!😍 It was not far from our summer cottage, on the road beneath the woods. Our family (mom, dad, Liza and i) was having a walk and saw some movement in a bunch of peaty chopped billet across the ditch. Then a pretty face of black mink appeared! It was looking at us for a couple seconds, and then made a few awkward attempts to re-hide in another place of this billet bunch, then waved its long furry tail and squeezed into a gap between logs. Then neighbours said that they had seen them too.
Minks are incredibly beautiful beasties, but they are being hunted and murdered in ridiculous amounts (in the recent years, they are also being raised on farms, and then murdered for fur). When my former co-worker (a 74y.o. woman who was a great ballet dancer) started bragging that she had given her friend (as a birthday gift) a sable fur coat (sobol'), a mink fur hat, knee-high leather boots and leather gloves... i dunno, i couldn't respect that woman anymore (at least not as much as i used to).🤦‍♀️:pout:

Smoking hot tire...:???:
i think the reason that it came off and was smoking was that something went wrong with the axle and maybe the grease in the ball joint caught fire. I've seen wheels come off a few vehicles and they are always smoking or even on fire.

I liked that it rang the doorbell and then the guy came out from the back and looked perplexed.

So I was thinking about a song that my mother loved to sing to me back when I was young. I found it on YouTube. @Val Let me know if it sounds familiar to you at all.

Ladies and gentlemen, a song for 2020:

Reactions: Blues, Lou and Val
So I was thinking about a song that my mother loved to sing to me back when I was young. I found it on YouTube. @Val Let me know if it sounds familiar to you at all.

Ladies and gentlemen, a song for 2020:

Aha...how did you know?😁
It's a super famous russian song "Dorogoy dlinnoyu", written in 1926. Some people don't believe that initially it was russian, because there is a lot of plagiat on old foreign songs in russian pop culture nowadays, but this one is the case (it was really written by a russian composer and a russian lyricist). I guess, you know its name in English, but here, in a couple first sentences there is some info about the original. Unfortunately, i didn't find detailed info in English about the initial song, but at least, here is the initial lyrics' translation.

Alexander Vertinsky - Dorogoi dlinnoju lyrics + English translation

Some more or less decent variant (yet awful):

And this is the very first record of it (remastered):

Sheet music (2 pages):

• Informative
Reactions: Blues and Amy SF
main-qimg-e8baa4187829a64ece54d03c8b9b483f

I've never heard the swedish national anthem played like this before.

Not bad!👍 Sounds attractive, because the performer made a bet on a reharmonization that is based on the phrygian tetrachord of the 1st type, which is passionately loved by humans, because any songs that contain phrygian tetrachord as part of a verse or a refrain, raise some subconscious instincts in humans, as well as the proportion of Dur³/⁵ Tonica -> moll III³/⁵ in the same tonality (this one is bingo as well). So those who compose and arrange music, know a looooot of secrets about how to reach the subconscious part of people's mind and how to make the listeners feel attached to a certain song, and make them desire to listen to it again and again. Phrygian tetrachord of the 1st and the 2nd types is one of the most powerful tool for managing human minds, because it's very ancient, and its unique combination of electromagnetic fluctuations that interfere with your own brain's rhythms, is associated with being engaged in something important, something that belongs to the source of all things. That's how it works (of course, not a single listener would ever realize it). 〰〰〰♾️:lgbtq:

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Wow
Reactions: Blues and Brian W