Pancakes

If that's the only American pancakes you've ever had, then you still haven't had a real American one. :p Those odd spongy things they make don't come close to a real, fluffy, cakey American pancake.
True, but I've always liked the taste of them. Anyone know a good vegan dupe for McD's hotcakes?

I didnt make pancakes yesterday as I had the worst headache. Maybe I will make some today.
Sexy pancakes.

I had a recipe somewhere and Im 99% sure it was just flour, milk and sugar. Cant remember the quantites now :(

I made these and they were delicious! I served with sugar and lemons. :) http://veggies.co.uk/tag/vegan-pancake-recipe/

Egg Free Sweet Pancakes/Crepes Recipe Great for a sweet dessert.
150grams Plain Flour (wholemeal or white)
One and a Half Tablespoons of Soya Flour (sold in health food shops)
350ml Soya Milk (sweetened or unsweetened is fine)
A little sunflower oil for frying

Sift the flour into a large bowl, with a whisk gradually add the soya milk and mix through until the batter is nice and smooth with a few bubbles on top. Cover the bowl and put in fridge for approx 20mins.

When you are ready to begin, heat the frying pan with just a little oil (i like the flat base crepe pans to do this but any frying pan is fine)When the oil is smoking a little, use a ladle to pour the mixture into the frying pan (approx. an eighth of the mix). Move the pan around to get a good coverage and to thin the pancake. When the pancake starts to slide flip it onto its other side using a slice or if you are brave flip into mid air and catch it in the pan. Once both sides are cooked tip on to a plate.

The mixture is enough for about 8 pancakes, so divide it in half if you want less.They are delicious served with some vegan ice cream or soy cream or with bit of lemon and sugar. Great with sliced banana and maple syrup.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I just made these and they were great.

1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tbs flaxseed meal
1 tbs organic sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt
1 cup of water
1 tbs melted coconut oil

1 tsp organic vanilla extract

Whisk it all together and then fry on a medium hot pan.

Reactions: PTree15
If that's the only American pancakes you've ever had, then you still haven't had a real American one. :p Those odd spongy things they make don't come close to a real, fluffy, cakey American pancake.

True :) . I havent had them for years, and I did like them, though they were a bit reminicent of a kitchen sponge, but then again everything from McDonalds has a strange texture. I havent eaten there since I was an omni anyway.

I have tried the proper American pancakes in recent years. They were kind of like a large, thinner pikelet from what I recall. They were really nice. I have wanted to order them in cafes but the problem is 1) Not vegan and 2) Disgustingly, they serve them with maple syrup which is good, but also bacon. I have no idea why but it is a hideous idea which always put me off.

Reactions: thefadedone