Kale...how to disguise it?

Now I buy Aldi tofu for $1.75
I used to get House 18 oz two pack for like $1.50 at the Korean grocery, but now it's over $2
I've seen tofu prices rise everywhere
Oh, and Trader Joes sprouted tofu I really like. It was the price I remember last time. I don't think it was over $2

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Hodo is $5 at Safeway. 10 oz
Safeway's Organic brand is $3 - 14 oz
And they have Wo Chong at $2- 14 oz
I think Trader's joes is also around $2 - 14 oz

These are all for the extra firm.
I think when they are vacuum packed they are just 10 oz, cause of the water.

I have to go back and check but I think a 2 lb block of Vacuumed packed Hodo Extra firm was $8. but I'm pretty sure I'm misremembering that. But if it's around that I might just go back and make that my regular purchase. Otherwise I'll stick to Trader Joe's.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
Now I buy Aldi tofu for $1.75
I used to get House 18 oz two pack for like $1.50 at the Korean grocery, but now it's over $2
I've seen tofu prices rise everywhere
Oh, and Trader Joes sprouted tofu I really like. It was the price I remember last time. I don't think it was over $2
I can't buy trader joe tofu anymore. The last two times it was spoiled and I won't chance it again. It was a few years ago but I'm turned off to it now. Plus they're not local so it's not like I can hop in the car and return it.

Reactions: Tom L.
Back on topic.
Got this today.

I put #1 the White bean Mushroom stew in my recipe box.
but as far as Kale goes, you might try #3 Kale White Bean and Orzo Soup
We just finished a pot of white bean, kale and orzo soup--with potatoes and carrots and corn. I meant to make it a chowder by adding cashew creme but didn't feel like doing it, so cooked some orzo to thicken
I wonder if I'd like the fig newtons by Minimalist Baker. I did like reg fig newtons, but not figs