Pancakes

I love the blueberry pancakes recipe from Veganomicon. I just put lots of maple syrup on mine.

Reactions: KLS52
I just make them with flour and almond milk. a touch of sugar. cook...cover in dairy free butter, sugar or golden syrup and eat them as they come out of the pan.
Jobs a good 'un :lick:

I just make them with flour and almond milk. a touch of sugar. cook...cover in dairy free butter, sugar or golden syrup and eat them as they come out of the pan.
Jobs a good 'un :lick:

:eek: That never works for me! Just sticks to my (non stick) pans or falls apart. But I pretty much do the same thing, no sugar, and then add a desert spoon of corn lour. Not too much or they go rubbery though.

Alternatively, using gram flour and white flour works too, but I always forget the ratios and so give up. But they taste nicer and have a better texture than the corn flour. But the cornflour is foolproof.

Last year we made savoury pancakes and filled them with curried potato, covered in a spiced tomato sauce and baked. It was great. But I also love just plain ol' British pancakes with sugar and lemon or golden syrup.

Okay, Shrove Tuesday is my new holiday (I am educated thanks to wiki) because of the pancakes. I am going to make the English kind for the first time. :D I have made French crepes and American pancakes before. :)
me3e5u3u.jpg

*sniff sniff* I only recently realized that the recipe I posted for Shrove Tuesday last year didn't make the transfer from the backup file to my website after it was hacked this past November. AND it was a recipe I made on the fly, recorded only on my blog. Now *POOF* gone. It was so perfect too... I made pancakes from a recipe just last week...it was just not as good :(

Keep trying, mary...I bet you will figure it out at some point. :)

I often make things and change up the recipes or I don't bother to measure. Then I get mad at myself when I can't recreate it. I should learn to write the changes down but I always think I will remember then I don't.

Reactions: PTree15 and mary1
I am definitely making pancakes for breakfast tomorrow too. The version I made yesterday turned out better than any previous attempts at vegan pancakes. So I want to see if it was just a fluke, haha. Also, pancakes are delicious.

Mmmm, waffles...They are especially good with a scoop of non-dairy mint chocolate chip ice cream topped with maple syrup.

Reactions: mary1
Okay, Shrove Tuesday is my new holiday (I am educated thanks to wiki) because of the pancakes. I am going to make the English kind for the first time. :D I have made French crepes and American pancakes before. :)
me3e5u3u.jpg

Those are the pancakes we make here. I guess they would be called crepes. I have only ever had the thin ones. I think the first time i tried an American one was when I went to McDonalds around 2000 or so and they started doing the hot cakes for breakfast with maple syrup.

Those are the pancakes we make here. I guess they would be called crepes. I have only ever had the thin ones. I think the first time i tried an American one was when I went to McDonalds around 2000 or so and they started doing the hot cakes for breakfast with maple syrup.

If that's the only American pancakes you've ever had, then you still haven't had a real American one. :p Those odd spongy things they make don't come close to a real, fluffy, cakey American pancake.