January Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a 7-plus-mile hike yesterday with my sister and our friend Lynn. It was a glorious day weather-wise, and I was so happy to get in some good mileage. I'm feeling it a little bit today, but not as bad as I thought, since I've been walking a lot more of late. It wasn't a lot of climbing (I'm not ready for the 4,000-footers yet, haha), but there were enough hills to make me really work. I also carried my pack, so that made it more challenging. I finally feel like I'm getting back in the groove exercise-wise. I'm going to do my 4-mile walk later today, after I go to the bank.
Can we please see some photos of your hike?😏🌳🌲🏞️🌄

Can we please see some photos of your hike?😏🌳🌲🏞🌄
I think I can arrange that. :) I will add them to this post. (I'm using my laptop right now, but the pics are on my phone, so it will take a few minutes.)
The place we hiked is called Parker Woodlands. It is in my home state of Rhode Island. IMG_6402.jpg

Last edited:
A few more.
20200126_104413.jpg20200126_122913.jpg
20200126_104512.jpg

This last one is the foundation of what used to be a farmhouse. It's fascinating to see how the terrain has changed in 100-plus years. It's all wooded now, but it used to be farmland.

A few more.
View attachment 19713View attachment 19714
View attachment 19715

This last one is the foundation of what used to be a farmhouse. It's fascinating to see how the terrain has changed in 100-plus years. It's all wooded now, but it used to be farmland.
I think I can arrange that. :) I will add them to this post. (I'm using my laptop right now, but the pics are on my phone, so it will take a few minutes.)
The place we hiked is called Parker Woodlands. It is in my home state of Rhode Island. View attachment 19709
Oops, i don't know how to multi-quote messages...sorry.😁

Thanks!:hug: What a great hike it must have been! Clean air, blue skies and pristine nature...🏞💖 I wish i could have a hike like this. This forest is so beautiful (despite the absence of foliage). I still remember the photos of your 2 hikes to the mountain (i'm not sure when exactly).:ma:

Reactions: PTree15
I think my Fit Bit has died. :( I just did my 30 minutes on the treadmill and it didn't count any steps! It has only recorded around 3000 steps and that has to be from work this morning. The treadmill adds another 3000 or so. I am sad cause I have no money to buy a new one. :sob:

I get these from amazon. I think Whole Foods has a few too.

YOU BUY THESE BY THE CASE???

I could never, never, never...

I can only buy the So Delicious Salted Caramel bars because there are only 4 in a box and I know E will eat two. He wouldn't eat these. I'd be so, so sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: Katrina
YOU BUY THESE BY THE CASE???

I could never, never, never...

I can only buy the So Delicious Salted Caramel bars because there are only 4 in a box and I know E will eat two. He wouldn't eat these. I'd be so, so sorry.
There’s only 12 in a box! I think! And they were a Christmas present. This time. Lol

Ok, I'm deciding if I should sign up for this women-only weekend retreat next month. It has vegetarian meals, yoga sessions, time in the woods, stuff like that. In a cozy looking cabin by the lake. Problem: it costs waaay more than I was planning to spend. Should I do it? It might be good for my mental health. I'm trying to be kinder to myself.

Never mind. I won't go. It's my birthday that weekend. My real bday that only happens every 4 years. And I'd rather celebrate with people. Otherwise, I would probably do that retreat.

Status
Not open for further replies.