January Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you take really good pictures! ;) I've never understood why you down on your looks, you've looked great in the pictures you post here- unlike me, who never has!
You’re very kind. 💗 I photoshop them lol...nothing drastic but you’d be surprised at what simple adjusting to shadows and lighting can do. Eases the imperfections. I get lucky with a picture every now and then and those are what I will post And I’m comfortable here. 😊

I believe some people are just photogenic, too. it has to do with skin tone and features.

I’ve just always been uncomfortable in my skin, from when I was little. I really think it’s the hair and glasses...teased by peers growing up. So it’s hard to get past that I guess. But I also see what you don’t see in photos, lol.

growing out the gray was a mistake, I think, but I’m not going back now. I’m sharing here, and it probably sounds more dramatic in print. I’ve come to an acceptance and while I’ll gripe here I don’t obsess over it. But I do talk to the mirror on ocassion with a “OMG, a face only a mother can love” lol. It’s done with love and humor though. I do not hate on myself ever. 💙

Reactions: Chryssie
KLS I totally relate! I hate my picture taken! I am so not photogenic! My eyes are tiny and disappear when I smile. I have always hated that! My sister got the big beautiful brown eyes in the family! My skin is awful too and no amount of makeup can help. I stopped coloring my hair and have "embraced" the grey, though I have way less than a lot of people my age. That is a good gene I got from my beautiful mother! I constantly read memes about accepting oneself and I try hard to do so!

If only we could see ourselves through the eyes of others. <3

but I do have the self esteem issues, being old and wrinkled with bad hair...the weight is really the only thing I can somewhat control.
At least you can control something.:innocent: I can control neither of these.:ooal:

I finally got off my backside! Yesterday, my sister and I hiked 3 miles. I call it a hike even though it was really flat, but I wore my backpack for extra weight. :D And today, I did a 4-mile walk to my grocery store and back. The hills were not fun, but it won't be long before I'm booking up those hills like nobody's business.

One thing I hate about not getting my morning walks in, is my resting heart rate went from 58 to 64 over the last two months. ☹️ But it’s starting to get light out earlier. Still not early enough, though, to walk before work. Maybe another 4-6 weeks.

I am feeling much better - no more cold meds! :jump: I went to exercise class yesterday and will take a nice, long walk today once the fog has lifted. I feel like I've just come out of a deep sleep.

Reactions: Val and PTree15
My allergies have been horrible this week and I haven't felt like doing anything! My steps have dwindled drastically as I haven't felt up to the treadmill. Hopefully the pollen will go down soon!

Poppy, so glad you are feeling better. Chryssie, I hope you feel better soon. Allergies are so frustrating.

Yesterday, I did a Leslie Sansone walking video. My legs felt like that had 20-pound weights on them when I was trying to do the knee lifts, lol! Today, I will walk outside. The sun is shining and it's supposed to be in the upper 40s.

I want to walk outside, but it's so windy. There is a wind advisory for gusts of up to 50 mph. Not good walking weather, so I think I'll do another video today. I've also cut way back on snacking in my quest to drop so unwanted poundage. Last night, I buckled and had a big bowl of popcorn. :D I was very hungry yesterday for some reason.

I got a good walk in today before lunch. :jump:

I have had several "hungry days" too recently. I think when I was taking cold meds, my appetite was not nearly as healthy as it is normally, and I'm feeling the need to refuel on some level.

Reactions: KLS52
I ended up not exercising yesterday. Taking down the tree took a while, and I wanted to crochet. :D I just got off my exercise bike. I did 45 minutes. It's an old Airdyne that my mom had when she was rehabbing her knee. It really makes you work. It felt good, even though my legs were like rubber when I got off!

Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
I took a Zumba class this afternoon, and that was so much fun. There's one tomorrow morning, too, but my gym is just a short few blocks from the pending gun rights protests tomorrow at the Capitol, so I don't know that I will go. (Might spend the morning watching local news!)

I'm a little shocked, but I have really loved this Dry January challenge. I took 45 days off from booze last summer, but it really seemed more like an effort then than this time. But gosh, I'm sleeping better, my mood is better (even in January!), and I've lost 2 pounds. So good stuff.

I walked 4 miles yesterday, to the grocery store and back. And I carried a bag all the way back. It was chilly out, but moving really does help keep one warm. It's sunny out again today, and it will be a bit warmer, so another walk is on tap.

I walked 4 miles yesterday, to the grocery store and back. And I carried a bag all the way back. It was chilly out, but moving really does help keep one warm. It's sunny out again today, and it will be a bit warmer, so another walk is on tap.

Do you carry it in a rucksack on your back ? That's what the physio. told me to do.

On Monday, I also carried two bags from the hypermarket to the nearby village where I was parked and it was quite a haul.

Reactions: Katrina
Do you carry it in a rucksack on your back ? That's what the physio. told me to do.

On Monday, I also carried two bags from the hypermarket to the nearby village where I was parked and it was quite a haul.
Yes, I do. It makes carrying things so much easier. My goal this year is to climb Mount Washington in New Hampshire. It's the highest peak in New England (6,288 feet). So I want to get used to walking with weight because I'll need a backpack for that hike. I'm trying to carry at least 10 pounds in it. So I bought some canned goods and a jar of peanut butter. Not sure I made the 10 pounds, but it's good to train with weight because it helps with endurance.

Reactions: Val
Yes, I do. It makes carrying things so much easier. My goal this year is to climb Mount Washington in New Hampshire. It's the highest peak in New England (6,288 feet). So I want to get used to walking with weight because I'll need a backpack for that hike. I'm trying to carry at least 10 pounds in it. So I bought some canned goods and a jar of peanut butter. Not sure I made the 10 pounds, but it's good to train with weight because it helps with endurance.

I see.

Off to google the place in NH. Great that you can do your shopping without using a car.

Reactions: PTree15
Today is cold and dreary. I would probably not exercise today, but instead just read and swear at the tv, but I've committed to handling dogs for the shelter photographer this afternoon. That will be fun, but cold! I'm going to wear my cuddle duds.

Status
Not open for further replies.