January Health Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is cold and dreary. I would probably not exercise today, but instead just read and swear at the tv, but I've committed to handling dogs for the shelter photographer this afternoon. That will be fun, but cold! I'm going to wear my cuddle duds.
I hear you regarding the TV. :D
I walked 3 miles yesterday, and I'm taking today off exercise-wise. I'm crocheting a scarf instead of exercising. :D

Reactions: Val and KLS52
I was challenged to eat two of these candy bars today (not at the same time). I rose to the challenge and succeeded! :woo:
15126136-97D5-47B6-84AD-6C217A078112.jpeg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: PTree15 and Poppy
I so want that candy bar......

I was thinking today how happy I was my knee stopped hurting, then I walked too fast towards an automatic store door. I stopped far too suddenly- and my knee really took the impact hard! Hopefully it'll be okay soon, the weathers warming up enough for me to walk outdoors again

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
Oh bummer. I thought it was vegan.

There are some new vegan Maltesers & smarties etc that have been released over here but they have dark chocolate coating.... 🤦‍♀️

Oh bummer. I thought it was vegan.

There are some new vegan Maltesers & smarties etc that have been released over here but they have dark chocolate coating.... 🤦‍♀️

Oh great as I absolutely love Maltesers. The UK is really the leader with all the new vegan products. Have you seen the new vegan chocolate bars by Galaxy ?
Over here, the shops are depressing as dairy and meat is not disappearing. Everything is labelled 'pure butter', 'pure cream' etc.:confused:

Such a shame that they seem to be a bit behind with the times there Shyvas! One day...

I loved maltesers too 🤤 will definitely try the vegan versions but they really should've made them with vegan milk chocolate - that would've been super exciting.

Haven't tried the Galaxy yet! Might put one on this week's shopping order.

Reactions: Val
Such a shame that they seem to be a bit behind with the times there Shyvas! One day...

I loved maltesers too 🤤 will definitely try the vegan versions but they really should've made them with vegan milk chocolate - that would've been super exciting.

Haven't tried the Galaxy yet! Might put one on this week's shopping order.

I really don't think that veganism will be a trend over here. They have always had a problem with thinking that the rest of the world doesn't know how to eat/cook. :confused:

Totally agree about the plant based milk chocolate as I also prefer it. I see that Hotel Chocolat (poste in UK Product thread) has come up with a pb milk chocolate. :D

Such a shame it contains milk. Same over here as there are so many choc bars and they all contain milk. :oops:
O M G...I thought it was vegan! I can’t believe this. I had my daughter buy the 12 pack for Christmas. 😫

And I see what happened. I also have this one which is vegan. Apparently I didn’t check the other one and assumed it was. Hard to believe after 14 years I would still make this mistake but there it is. Not that I call myself vegan anyway...but the whole point was having something that was vegan so I wouldn’t be tempted by the occasional milk chocolate. 🤦‍♀️
I like this one better anyway, which is why I was saving this box for last, haha.
A3AA87B2-F736-4BAD-B1D2-B84F63A2BDD9.jpeg

Reactions: Chryssie
And I see what happened. I also have this one which is vegan. Apparently I didn’t check the other one and assumed it was. Hard to believe after 14 years I would still make this mistake but there it is. Not that I call myself vegan anyway...but the whole point was having something that was vegan so I wouldn’t be tempted by the occasional milk chocolate. 🤦‍♀️
I like this one better anyway, which is why I was saving this box for last, haha.
View attachment 19673

Looks good ; like a bounty bar with almonds.

At least you do have some vegan chocolate bar options in the US. There is not a single one over here.:(

• Sad
Reactions: KLS52
I get these from amazon. I think Whole Foods has a few too.

Looks good ; like a bounty bar with almonds.

At least you do have some vegan chocolate bar options in the US. There is not a single one over here.:(
That's so sad, that we have quite a few vegan chocolate varieties over here (they are sold in ordinary grocers), BUT i had to give up chocolate (at all), as, at some point, i realized that i'm allergic to cocoa beans (a.k.a. to chocolate itself,- not its additives), so even vegan chocolate is now prohibited for me.🥴 I remember, once, Tom advised me to try carob. That's what i did, but i disliked it.:shrug: Therefore, if i want to devour something extremely sweet nowadays, i buy dried papaya, or smth. like that. ...Goodbye, chocolate...:sigh:

That's so sad, that we have quite a few vegan chocolate varieties over here (they are sold in ordinary grocers), BUT i had to give up chocolate (at all), as, at some point, i realized that i'm allergic to cocoa beans (a.k.a. to chocolate itself,- not its additives), so even vegan chocolate is now prohibited for me.🥴 I remember, once, Tom advised me to try carob. That's what i did, but i disliked it.:shrug: Therefore, if i want to devour something extremely sweet nowadays, i buy dried papaya, or smth. like that. ...Goodbye, chocolate...:sigh:

We have plenty of plain chocolate but it's the milk chocolate that I particularly like. It seems like it would be so easy to just sub. pb milk for dairy. Perhaps that it's less in demand ?

Carob tastes nothing like chocolate. :rolleyes:

I liked carob as a child, now not at all!
My favorite is Aldi Moser Ross sea salt dark chocolate, which is vegan. (is all sugar from Germany vegan?)
Trader Joes has dark chocolate ginger which lists confectioners glaze (from coconut). I'm guessing that means it's plant based? So much of TJ's stuff is tainted. I need to email about them, I love them! Chocolove chocolate crystallized ginger is vegan but hard to find

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I have clementines that I need to dip in chocolate. Keep forgetting to do it.

Ran today and felt out of shape. Dunno if that's due to the weather or maybe my cardio fitness is declining. Must go running more often.

I did a 7-plus-mile hike yesterday with my sister and our friend Lynn. It was a glorious day weather-wise, and I was so happy to get in some good mileage. I'm feeling it a little bit today, but not as bad as I thought, since I've been walking a lot more of late. It wasn't a lot of climbing (I'm not ready for the 4,000-footers yet, haha), but there were enough hills to make me really work. I also carried my pack, so that made it more challenging. I finally feel like I'm getting back in the groove exercise-wise. I'm going to do my 4-mile walk later today, after I go to the bank.

Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
Status
Not open for further replies.