February Health Challenge

My main challenge is to try to not go completely insane over the sale of the house and buying a new one. My stomach is not cooperating so eating is becoming a challenge. It’s pretty much in knots which leaves me with no appetite. And lack of time/convenience is making it hard to choose wisely when I do get the urge to eat. I think I might make a big pot of soup because that seems to be what I’m craving...something light like broth with a few carrots/celery and maybe some pastina. Or rice. I have my protein shakes that I blend with banana and peanut butter, too. So I know I’ll be ok. But sleep is an issue, too. I ended up going to bed at 6:30 last night because I had been up since 1:30 a.m. I ended up getting 7 hours so that is good at least. *le sigh*

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
This is such a weird time of year! I'm not busy, except for painting, and yet the weather isn't inspirational for doing anything outside. And so I feel kind of like a slug.

I haven't been very hungry either. I don't know why, except I seem to have this strange feeling that I've eaten everything I like so many times, that I'm kind of over all my favorites. Weird. It'll probably pass. Lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
My goals for the month remain the same last month's: Keep walking/exercising, eating well and watching the snacking. I've been doing pretty well with the snacking. It's raining today, so I will do either a video or ride my exercise bike.

My goal is to add more stretching to my workout routine. I had sciatic nerve pain for a week. From what I've read and heard about it, it should be manageable so long as I do certain stretches.

This will be challenging because I find the stretches very unpleasant.

I did over 12000 steps yesterday! Not by choice. But I did it! 😁
And it was up and down stairs. I was packing/cleaning out the attic and basement. I felt good, too, even though I had been up since 2 am. So I guess I’m not that out of shape even though I haven’t walked regularly in two months.

I’m just sitting here all stressed out about the move tomorrow and the closing on Monday. My cortisol levels are probably through the roof which is making me chubby. Lol. :joy:
It'll be over before you know it! Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and shyvas
Did my other post disappear? That's weird.

Anyway, I managed to do 3 days of strength training last week. Doing mon/wed/fri worked much better than tues/thurs/sat. This meant skipping my usual Thursday workout with my friend... except her husband started going that night too, which is fine except it's not really the same. I miss having girl time. Oh well.

Talked to my doctor about the sciatica. Her recommendation is ease back into running, stretch a lot, and see if the pain comes back or not. So I'll have to put in a short run this week.

Went to the gym today despite it being a holiday with reduced hours. That was hard!

Well, I had planned to rock out tonight to Opeth, but when I got to the venue, there were signs on the door that announced the show had been canceled. I never got a notification until after I arrived (an hour's drive, mind you). Apparently, the singer got laryngitis so they had to cancel tonight's show, plus two others in Canada. :( I hope I can make the rescheduled show, whenever it is.

Well, I had planned to rock out tonight to Opeth, but when I got to the venue, there were signs on the door that announced the show had been canceled. I never got a notification until after I arrived (an hour's drive, mind you). Apparently, the singer got laryngitis so they had to cancel tonight's show, plus two others in Canada. :( I hope I can make the rescheduled show, whenever it is.

That's a shame that it wasn't cancelled earlier. Driving all that way for nothing must have been infuriating. :cold_sweat:

That's a shame that it wasn't cancelled earlier. Driving all that way for nothing must have been infuriating. :cold_sweat:
Yes, it was annoying, and a waste of gas. I guess the band tried to do sound check, which probably happened around 4ish, so they were still holding out hope that they wouldn't have to cancel. I met a couple there who had driven from Maine, at least 3 hours away.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and shyvas