Misc Help spread the benefits of a plant based lifestyle

Paddy

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello!

Help me spread the benefits of a plant-based lifestyle by visiting my new website on Health and Wellness focusing on Plant Based Whole Food nutrition, sobriety, and yoga. The more readers I get the higher the site will rank, in turn reaching more people. You will (hopefully) find some of the articles interesting, entertaining and informative. Any constructive criticism is welcome ;).

Thanks!

My Site - Pat McCashin

You seem to enjoy a wonderful and healthy lifestyle in an exceptional environnement. The island is absolutely beautiful and Tofino seems
even more remote compared to the east of the island.
A question that has popped up ; as you say that you are plant based, why eat meat once a month?

Thanks for checking out my site!

The west coast of the Island is definitely very beautiful and remote.

Regarding your question. I will eat seafood on rare occasions. For example, at a wedding this summer the groom supplied salmon and oysters, some of which I ate. These occasions are very rare. In fact, I can count the number of times I ate animal products on one hand this past year and 3 out of 4 times the animal products were oysters or mussels. These mollusks are a sustainable fishery that, while still a living animal, don’t have a central nervous system or brain.

I put the once per month statement in my About Me page to be honest about the fact that I have consumed some animal products in the last year and to show that the transition to a plant-based diet doesn’t have to be all or nothing. Eating less meat, especially factory farmed animals, is better for the planet, people’s health and, most importantly, the animals themselves. I believe more people will transition to a plant-based lifestyle and less animals will be harmed in total if there is some lee way, especially during the transitionary phase.

Full vegan this year. Even though I only ate animal products a few times last year, my transitional phase is over.
Check out my latest post on a whole food plant based food pyramid. The bottom 2 levels - Fruits, veggies, starchy veggies and whole grains are difficult to prioritize. I've seen it done both ways, how would you do it?
The Great Whole Food Plant Based Diet Pyramid