February Health Challenge

There is not much variety for me, at least it is a healthy routine I have now after many steps over the course of years of giving things up that were not as good for me, with a few things I learned I liked and were better put in place, especially hummus. I would pursue the goal of weeding out the last of processed food, to have entirely whole food, but none of what I have now is junk food. And I have had green tea for a long while, and just now slipped back to coffee, really to use up a tiny remaining amount of almond milk with banana I still have, and getting the chocolate chip Complete Cookie that there are plenty available of to have with it, because what I would have with the green tea is almost out of stock and it is not getting restocked.

Did another week of strength training x3 days. Hit a new PR of squatting 100lbs and deadlift 110lbs. My chest press is still weak.

Did a 2km fundraising walk last night with the fam. Today I went to a sledding party, which involved walking up a long hill. Not super challenging for me, but it was nice to have some variety. I can count that as active recovery.

I have a cold today so I skipped the gym and did a short bike ride. That makes 45 days in a row...tomorrow will be halfway to my 92 day goal. I'll be flying out of town otherwise I'd keep the streak going to 100.

I have a cold today so I skipped the gym and did a short bike ride. That makes 45 days in a row...tomorrow will be halfway to my 92 day goal.

Damn I tutored math in college now I can't do basic math :fp: today makes 55 days

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and KLS52
I walked today. It's a shame it makes my hips ache.
I thought of you yesterday. Now that I’m walking more these days I’m noticing the hip pain that I had last year, when I was regularly walking 2-3 miles a day, for several months, is back. 🤔😐☹️

Two horrible girl scouts accosted me while walking the dogs yesterday, demanding that I buy cookies. Fortunately, I had no money on me and I waved them off. Then E pipes up that he has his wallet and I was forced to buy two boxes of Thin Mints. :fp:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52