News Israel bombing Gaza again

You got to know that something is up when Spang and the gang and I don't disagree?

Spang focued on the death toll, you painted all Jews as bloodthirsty Zionist.

A bit of a difference there.

As far as defense...

When you bomb military targets, it's defense, when you (intentionally) bomb civilians like Hammas is doing, it's an offensive action.

Last edited:
Some background on this current kerfuffle, and by kerfuffle I mean slaughter:
Israel has repeatedly justified its many episodes of military aggression against Palestinians by invoking its right to self-defense. This time, their assault is purported to be in response to the kidnapping and killing of three settler boys as well as to the rocket fire coming from Hamas.

But to this day, Netanyahu has never bothered to offer any evidence of Hamas' involvement in the settler boys' disappearance. Despite this lack of evidence, Israel quickly sent 2,500 Israeli troops into Palestinian towns and villages throughout the West Bank in the most extensive military incursions into Palestinian territory since 2002. Hamas, which traditionally takes responsibility for its actions, has vigorously denied any involvement.

It's important to point out--because the mainstream media has utterly failed to do so--that Israel is carrying out a full-scale military operation against the entire civilian population of Gaza for a crime committed in the West Bank. To state what should be obvious, the West Bank and Gaza are different places. "It's like insisting the U.S. must stop at nothing to get the perpetrators of 9/11--by invading Iraq," wrote Barbara Ehrenreich.

Reactions: Second Summer
This rhetoric of “both sides” implies that pain and fault belong equally to Palestinians and Israelis. It erases manifold, unmistakable, qualitative and quantitative differences at play in Israel’s attack on the Gaza Strip and the political-historical context in which this is taking place — most centrally, that what is occurring is part of a settler-colonial invasion.

“Both sides” rhetoric refuses to make even the easiest, most obvious judgment, to which any honest evaluation of the information points: that Israel is massacring Palestinian adults and children, 77% of whom are civilians, and subjecting them to collective punishment; that Israel evidently claims for itself a right to extra-judicially execute anyone who it says is a Hamas member, a practice too few among even Palestine’s allies have denounced; that Israel is bombarding what is essentially a giant refugee camp home to an imprisoned population of a people Israel has ethnically cleansed, occupied, subjected to apartheid, and repeatedly slaughtered; that international law does not grant Israel a “right to defend itself” against the Gaza Strip. And that international law does grant Palestinians a right to resist using armed struggle.

To employ “both sides” rhetoric completely misrepresents the situation. It is not “both sides” who take thousands of political prisoners. Both sides do not systematically torture each other. Both sides do not control each other’s freedom of movement, or access to the sea, drinking water, and education.

more

I do not side with terrorist organizations. I side with the innocent people who are being mercilessly killed due to overzealous pushback against a terrorist organization.

And without pointing fingers, I don't think I'd go as far as to start complaining about Zionists. That's some next-level anti-Semitic conspiracy **** right there.

Reactions: mary1
Not this one. I think they are both equally culpable in the never ending idiocy.

In as much as the Palestinians were/are culpable for the militarised theft of part of their country. Yes.

In as much as that no reasonable person would normaly hold a country culpable for the theft of it's land by a stronger military force, in this instance a Brit/Yank coalition. No.

Some usualy quite reasonable people are having great difficulty in acknowledging where the problem started here.

Last edited:
Spang focued on the death toll, you painted all Jews as bloodthirsty Zionist.

That's because Spang can count and I can think.

I simply pointed out that Zionism, and thus Zionists, believe that bringing about Armageddon is their God given purpose on this Earth.

Not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews for that matter and I never said that they were.

Sorry, but I have zero tolerance for someone who wants to exterminate me for no other reason than my family background, even though I've done nothing to them.
No Israel=no Hamas. Israel's brutal policies have created Hamas. It's not hard to understand. If I didn't know better I'd think I'm talking to Mischief or Das_Nut.

tumblr_n8vlihq9Gl1rg3wvvo4_1280.png

tumblr_n8vlihq9Gl1rg3wvvo6_1280.png

tumblr_n8vlihq9Gl1rg3wvvo1_1280.png

tumblr_n8vlihq9Gl1rg3wvvo2_1280.png

tumblr_n8vlihq9Gl1rg3wvvo3_1280.png

Look at all these awful terrorists I'm defending.

Someone please explain Godwin's law to Ledders?

In the meantime you can test the validity of the idea in play by replacing the French Resistance with the IRA and The Nazi occupation of France with the occupation of Ireland by the British.

Last edited:
Anyone else think that the military action by Israel just increases the support for Hamas?

Please sign this petition, against banks funding the killings in Gaza- you can see on the news the civilian casualties, including young children.

Avaaz - Israel-Palestine: This is how it ends
Signed.

Anyone else think that the military action by Israel just increases the support for Hamas?

Oh yes.

Silly thing, considering Hamas's very limited ability to do real damage, is this; Hamas could not possibly hope for a better result than out of proportion retaliatory responses from Israel.

Worrying thing is that Israel cannot possibly not know that.

As I said earlier though causing the world to turn against Israel and bring about Armageddon is, by Zionist logic, a desirable outcome.

This is what "self-defense" looks like:

(The images are very graphic, but those of you who support what Israel is doing to the Palestinian people should have no problem watching it.)

Last edited:
Reactions: FortyTwo
This is what "self-defense" looks like:

(The images are very graphic, but those of you who support what Israel is doing to the Palestinian people should have no problem watching it.)

Look at all these terrorists, being righteously done away with by Israel's perfectly reasonable response.

There's nothing at all more complex going on here.

(Dripping with sarcasm, by the way.)

Someone please explain Godwin's law to Ledders?
You're the one who brought up the Nazis. You are comparing Israel's actions to the Nazi occupation of France.

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1" [2][3]— that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

Promulgated by American attorney and author Mike Godwin in 1990,[2] Godwin's Law originally referred, specifically, to Usenet newsgroup discussions.[4] It is now applied to any threaded online discussion, such as Internet forums, chat rooms and blog comment threads, as well as to speeches, articles and other rhetoric.[5][6]"

Reactions: FortyTwo