Israeli army killing unarmed protesters

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have seen very little coverage of the horrible killings of unarmed protesters that are going on at the Israeli border.

Israeli army kills seven Palestinians, wounds 1,000 at Gaza rally

Make no mistake - these are not “clashes” if one side is protesting and the other side has snipers that are killing and wounding unarmed people at a distance.

Today, a journalist wearing a jacket marked “Press” in large letters covering the protest was killed.

Israeli forces kill Palestinian journalist covering Gaza rally

It is time for civilised countries to wake up and condemn these crimes ...

I think it's going to take a lot more than that before countries that have (or could have) influence over Israel will lift a finger. We all remember past "operations" (wars) that Israel has launched against Gaza where more than 1,000 people have been killed. I can't remember the exact figures any more, I lost count a long time ago.

I am more concerned about the coverage in the West, where it is largely ignored or misrepresented.
As I said earlier, if snipers kill unarmed protesters at a distance, to call this a "clash" is not correct.

I am more concerned about the coverage in the West, where it is largely ignored or misrepresented.
As I said earlier, if snipers kill unarmed protesters at a distance, to call this a "clash" is not correct.
We have to ask why there is such a bias. And we need to consider possible explanations with an open mind.

I think more attention needs to be given to the Palestinian cause when nothing is happening. When the Palestinians commit terrorist (freedom fighter) acts, they get in the news but years have passed by without as many suicide bombings and reduced violence, and the result is that is passes out of the public mind in the West.

It would be easy for the Palestinians to conclude that substantial violence is the only way to get attention.

Part of the problem here is that politicians seemed to respond to news and emergencies in a reactive rather than proactive way. I think that needs to change.

The situation looks bleak at the moment. Europe doesn't seem to want to get involved, and as long as Trump and Netanyahu are in office, the Israelis will not make a just peace offering.

The sniper deserves a medal according to Avigdor Lieberman, Israeli defence minister. These are not isolated comments - if you look at what other Israelis politicians have said, there are quite a lot of semi supportive or neutral comments. Even Netanyahu asked for a pardon in a case when an Israeli shot dead a Palestinian that was just attacked Israeli soldiers but was then lying on the ground. That soldier Elor Azaria, will be released from prison in 1 months having served 9 months in jail for what can clearly be seen in the video to be murder.

We have to ask why there is such a bias. And we need to consider possible explanations with an open mind.

Why:

Answer is at about a 3rd of the way into video. The people behind this stuff are the same people who provide the bias on a number of issues, including Israel. Mainstream media == Corporate Media == owned by a relatively few extremely wealthy individuals.