News Israel bombing Gaza again

I find it interesting that some are ignoring Hammas's use of ....

Again a direct parallel with the UK Irish conflict.

Some preferred to address solely what the naughty IRA were doing wrong.

Others preferred to address minor issues like what were the British doing occupying Ireland in the first place.

It's a bit of a 'should we pick up the problem in the middle or start where it first began' thing going on there.

This particular one began with Palestinian land being stolen from the Palestinians at the point of a gun.

Reactions: Mr Crunchy

If your point is that using the military against civilians in occupied territories is wrong; No argument against that here.

If, however, your point is that the Brits being a-holes in Ireland justifies the Israelis being a-holes in Palestine; A couple of ounces of whatever is that you've been smoking, please.

200 out of 4 million is not enthnic cleansing. Nor is it a holocaust.
Yes, because the problem isn't with the slaughter of 200 people, mostly civilians, some of whom are children, but with what words are being used to describe said slaughter.

Reactions: FortyTwo
200 out of 4 million is not enthnic cleansing. Nor is it a holocaust.

I find it interesting that some are ignoring Hammas's use of human shields, their preventing of the Palestinians from fleeing the country, and forcing them to stay in their homes even after the pamplets and phone calls warn of a bombing are received, and some of you seem to ignore that Israel has the means to wipe the Palestinians off the map, but instead has chosen to hit specific military targets. Some of you chose to ignore that Hammas is intentionally targeting civilians...which is a war crime (just because Israel can defend itself with Iron dome does not change that fact), wheras Israel only hits a location after it's determined to be a military target. (see human shields above)

The real question, is why are you ignoring these things, and defending Hammas, a terrorist organization with conservative Islamic views, that has committed many human rights violations, and has even engaged in human organ trafficking ...

Yes, left leaning people tend to side with the underdog, but not all "Davids" are righteous, morally superior, innocent lambs...

Just this morning Hammas refused a cease fire brokered by Egypt. It should be blatently clear, that Hammas doesn't want a peaceful solution. Why don't these coward step out of the shadows, and stop hiding behind the Palestinians?
Cease-fire attempt ends as Israeli airstrikes resume - CNN.com
This has been an ongoing conflict since 1948. Israeli's chose territory where there was obviously going to be conflict. All of the claims about Hamas come from the media or governments, so I'm not sure whether to believe them or not. If they are true I don't agree with much of anything that Hamas stands for, but they're clearly not the ones responsible for these conflicts IMO.

Reactions: Clueless Git
The support for Hamas and other islamist groups in Palestine is a direct consequence to the never-ending occupation, land-grabs, ethnic cleansing and oppression. If the Israelis hadn't engaged in these activities, then we would see more moderate political groups.

Reactions: Clueless Git
Yes, because the problem isn't with the slaughter of 200 people, mostly civilians, some of whom are children, but with what words are being used to describe said slaughter.

Let's also try to mask the fact that there are literal Fascist factions in Israel cheering this up right now.

But, hey - if anyone says a word against Israel, it's clearly Anti-Semitic, even if it has literally nothing to do with Judaism and literally everything to do with just straight-up bombing civilians while people look on and applaud.

The support for Hamas and other islamist groups in Palestine is a direct consequence to the never-ending occupation, land-grabs, ethnic cleansing and oppression. If the Israelis hadn't engaged in these activities, then we would see more moderate political groups.

Which is just about the precise reason the Zionists do those kind of things.

The precursors to Gods kingdom returning to Earth are; The Jews returning to their homeland and then Armageddon.

The Zionists worked relentlessly to fulfill the first prophesy.

They are now working relentlessly to fulfill the second.

In Zionism peace comes only after Armageddon when God re-establishes his Kingdom, Paradise, on Earth.

Basicaly the Zionist definition of working for peace is to do absolutely all you can to bring the mother of all wars about.

Let's also try to mask the fact that there are literal Fascist factions in Israel cheering this up right now.

But, hey - if anyone says a word against Israel, it's clearly Anti-Semitic, even if it has literally nothing to do with Judaism and literally everything to do with just straight-up bombing civilians while people look on and applaud.

The vast majority of Palestinians and Israelis just want to go about their daily lives and do not want to be bomber or the bombee. Trying to paint a minority of people as the majority is Propaganda 101...

Some of you seem to conveniently ignore that Hammas is bombing as well. You also seem to ignore that Hammas is a terrorist organisation. But they are the underdog, and they're bombing Israel, the devil incarnate, so they are the good guys....:rolleyes:.

And every country has the right to defend itself...

Last edited:
Reactions: ledboots

It seems that Hammas has had a number of conflicts that have nothing to do with Israel. They need to get their own house in order before pointing fingers at others.
Fatah–Hamas conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And again...200 out of 4 million people is not ethnic cleansing. Not even close.

Last edited:
"A tentative humanitarian cease-fire between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza appeared to be holding on Thursday, even as it was interrupted by a brief flurry of mortar fire shortly after it took effect."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/18/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-strip.html

It seems Hammas isn't interested in peace, as they intentionally tried to instigate a response from Israel. Hammas is clearly a dishonorable organization that only feeds on conflict. Why do you continue to support these terrorist?

How do I know you support terrorist? Because no one thus far has acknowdged their terrorist activities, nor has anyone condemed any violence they've committed, now or in the past.

"A tentative humanitarian cease-fire between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza appeared to be holding on Thursday, even as it was interrupted by a brief flurry of mortar fire shortly after it took effect."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/18/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-strip.html

It seems Hammas isn't interested in peace, as they intentionally tried to instigate a response from Israel. Hammas is clearly a dishonorable organization that only feeds on conflict. Why do you continue to support these terrorist?

How do I know you support terrorist? Because no one thus far has acknowdged their terrorist activities, nor has anyone condemed any violence they've committed, now or in the past.
When you've been lied to 3 million times, some of us choose to stop believing what we're being told. I don't think any person here has given any hint that they support Hamas. You're better than this.

It seems that Hammas has had a number of conflicts that have nothing to do with Israel. They need to get their own house in order before pointing fingers at others.
Fatah–Hamas conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And again...200 out of 4 million people is not ethnic cleansing. Not even close.
From books I've read it is believed hundreds of thousands of Palestinians were indeed ethnically cleansed in the late 1940's. The claim is certainly out there.

THE COVENANT OF THE HAMAS - MAIN POINTS

'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and
kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the
rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind
me, come and kill him.' (Article 7)"

Enthic cleansing and Holocaust? Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black....

I don't think any person here has given any hint that they support Hamas.

Silence is de-facto support. You are the only one so far to explicitly state you don't agree with Hammas. The others haven't.

If they are true I don't agree with much of anything that Hamas stands for

Hammas celebrated the ceasfire by launching a bunch of missles the second the cease fire expired. Hammas doesn't want a peacful solution, so I don't think Israel should give it one.

Israel needs to engage in real-time surgical strikes, and real time intelligence (e.g. preditor drones). Pick off the leaders of Hammas one by one, just like the U.S. did with Al-Queda.
If my great grand father chose to move to somewhere in Euope instead of America, my whole family history could have been different. Sorry, but I have zero tolerance for someone who wants to exterminate me for no other reason than my family background, even though I've done nothing to them.

The Israeli cabinet voted to accept an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire Tuesday morning. Hamas, who was not consulted, is in direct discussions with Cairo but has criticized the initial proposal. What does all this mean?

more