News Israel bombing Gaza again

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Three Israeli teenagers disappeared in the occupied West Bank and were later found dead. In the search operation 350 Palestinians were arrested, and 5 killed. Jewish settlers have also attacked several Palestinians in revenge. A Palestinian teenager was kidnapped, tortured and burn alive. His second-cousin, an American citizen and student of a high school in Tampa, Florida, was beaten up by Israeli police. A video of this incident has made the rounds on social media. There were also several other attacks and a couple of unsuccessful kidnapping attempts.

And now Israel is bombing Gaza, one of the most densely populated areas on Earth, because they blame Hamas for the murder of the three teenagers. The kill count currently stands at something like 151 dead and 1070 wounded Palestinians vs 0 dead and 22 wounded Israelis.

Meanwhile, Israelis in Sderot gathered at a hilltop to watch and celebrate the bombing of Gaza.

BsICixqCQAAT17z.jpg

"We are here to see Israel destroy Hamas," says Eli Chone, a 22-year-old American living in Israel.

He is one of the more than 50 people gathered on the dark hill to see Israel bomb Gaza from close distance. The hill has been transformed into something that most closely resembles the front row of a reality war theatre. It offers a direct view of the densely populated Gaza Strip.

People have dragged camping chairs and sofas to the top of the hill. Several sit with crackling bags of popcorn, while others smoke hookahs and talk cheerfully. People come and go from the site in a steady stream.
Full article: When bombs receive applause (Kristeligt Dagblad, 11. July 2014)

But Gaza bombs Israel like every day.
<<<runs away and hides
Yeah, with their science project mini rockets. Israel has the Iron Dome to cope with that. I understand of course these rockets still pose a risk to life, health and property, but bombing civilians is not the solution.

That said, the reason they've given for bombing Gaza now has nothing to do with Hamas' rockets, AFAIK.

Reactions: Freesia
"I denounce deadly force on both sides. But it's important not to frame this as a cycle of violence that's equal. One is the colonizer-oppressor. The other: the colonized-oppressed."

Last edited:
I just wish this situation resolves itself. But it wont because where will the Palestinians go? It is not like they have their original homes anymore, and now they are on that small piece of land with high tech weapons being used on them. I heard 2 hospitals have been hit in the last 2 days. People need to wake up and see what is happening. It has been going on for a long time, but the media have said nothing about it.

Every article I've read on Counterpunch takes the side of the Palestinians.

I can only imagine how any other country on earth would react to rockets being lobbed into its country.
The Palestinians are poor and can't afford modern weapons. These rockets are nothing like what the United States or Britain would use.

I just wish this situation resolves itself. But it wont because where will the Palestinians go? It is not like they have their original homes anymore, and now they are on that small piece of land with high tech weapons being used on them. I heard 2 hospitals have been hit in the last 2 days. People need to wake up and see what is happening. It has been going on for a long time, but the media have said nothing about it.
No, it's not likely to resolve itself. Eventually, there will be a cease-fire again. But the policy of land-grabs through settlers, who are effectively acting as human shields in a process of annexation of occupied land, will continue as before. I don't think the situation will resolve itself until either the US and Israel are somehow no longer joined at the hip, and/or the US decides it can no longer afford to support Israel militarily and politically.

No, it's not likely to resolve itself. Eventually, there will be a cease-fire again. But the policy of land-grabs through settlers, who are effectively acting as human shields in a process of annexation of occupied land, will continue as before. I don't think the situation will resolve itself until either the US and Israel are somehow no longer joined at the hip, and/or the US decides it can no longer afford to support Israel militarily and politically.

Aye, the agenda is clear as day here.

Make Palestine uninhabitable and then declare it as 'unoccupied' land and claim it as part of Israel.

The unoccupied claim, entirely coincidentaly, being exactly the one made to defend stealing Palestinian land to form Israel in the first place.

Hamas's goal is clear enough to me BC.

People like fireworks so the media will report Hamas's firework displays. Especialy as they attract far bigger firework displays from Israel in return.

Hamas's firework displays thus achieve the goal of preventing the ethnic cleansing of Palestinian from being totaly ignored.

If Ireland were shooting hundreds of "not modern" rockets into England, I wonder how England would react? Yay, fireworks!?!

I guess Europe won't be happy until the Jews are gone from the middle east and Israel is a memory.

If Ireland were shooting hundreds of "not modern" rockets into England, I wonder how England would react? Yay, fireworks!?!

You don't have to wonder about that, Ledders.

The exact equivalent actualy happened in the 70's when the IRA had a concerted bombing campaign on the British mainland.

The British mainland did NOT react by bombing the bejasus out of Belfast.

I guess Europe won't be happy until the Jews are gone from the middle east and Israel is a memory.
European governments are on Israel's side in this conflict. They looked the other way in the beginning when Palestinians were being ethnically cleansed in the late 1940's, and they look the other way today as the Palestinians suffer(the Apartheid state according to Jimmy Carter).

200 out of 4 million is not enthnic cleansing. Nor is it a holocaust.

I find it interesting that some are ignoring Hammas's use of human shields, their preventing of the Palestinians from fleeing the country, and forcing them to stay in their homes even after the pamplets and phone calls warn of a bombing are received, and some of you seem to ignore that Israel has the means to wipe the Palestinians off the map, but instead has chosen to hit specific military targets. Some of you chose to ignore that Hammas is intentionally targeting civilians...which is a war crime (just because Israel can defend itself with Iron dome does not change that fact), wheras Israel only hits a location after it's determined to be a military target. (see human shields above)

The real question, is why are you ignoring these things, and defending Hammas, a terrorist organization with conservative Islamic views, that has committed many human rights violations, and has even engaged in human organ trafficking ...

Yes, left leaning people tend to side with the underdog, but not all "Davids" are righteous, morally superior, innocent lambs...

Just this morning Hammas refused a cease fire brokered by Egypt. It should be blatently clear, that Hammas doesn't want a peaceful solution. Why don't these coward step out of the shadows, and stop hiding behind the Palestinians?
Cease-fire attempt ends as Israeli airstrikes resume - CNN.com

Last edited:
Reactions: ledboots