I need vital source for all minerals and vitamins

I WANT MEGNESIUM, POTASIUM AND ZINC FROM ONE VITAL SOURCE?

• any legume or vegies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • plant based anything

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zillionwithyou

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
As we all are known that protien and calcium can be easily consumed by plant based diet such as legumes, soy beans and pulses...

although i still havent get an idea of what are the vital source "enough quantity" of minerals such as Potasium, Megnisum, and Zinc... yes we can get potasium from banana, but i wanted to get all of them just from one solid source of fruit, veg or any plant based material.

Not sure if i understand your question. But if you are asking what food will provide you with enough minerals to meet all you mRDAs, well the answer is none. There is No One food that can do that. And things like Potassium and Magnesium are very "bulky" minerals. So its hard to do with supplements. And since some of those minerals are not water soluble, if you take supplements you put your self at risk for "overdoing" it. Some of those minerals are toxic in large amount.

The best advice is to eat a large amount and a large variety of whole plant foods.

One strategy is called Eating Around the Rainbow. This is taught to kids in Canada. Red, Orange/yellow, Green, Blue/purple, and White/brown. Just make sure you eat a food from each color group each day.

Another strategy is Dr. Gregers Daily Dozen checklist. Just make sure you meet the requirements for each day.

Getting back to your question. Just using potassium as an example. You need 3 - 4 grams of potassium a day. That would be a pretty big pill. Or 6 or more bananas. But you can also get your RDA of potassium by eating beans (white/brown), Beets (red), bananas (orange/yellow), and Spinach (green).

The mRDA of magnesium is only half a gram a day. but supplement companies are wary of putting magnesium in a supplement because too much can cause adverse health effects. But good sources of magnesium are whole grains, beans, and nuts, (white/brown), and leafy green veggies (green).

Reactions: TofuRobot
Ideally eating a balanced diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, grains and legumes each day will help you get most of the necessary vitamins and minerals you need. That might also depend on how many calories you're eating in a day. If you're on a calorie-restricted diet (or if you're just not hungry very often), you may not consume enough food to meet the vitamin requirements each day.

I just take a daily vegan multi to make sure all my bases are covered, as well as a larger dose of B12 (I'll be reviewing my blood work in a few months to see if I can back off the B12).

Reactions: Lou
Ideally eating a balanced diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, grains and legumes each day will help you get most of the necessary vitamins and minerals you need. That might also depend on how many calories you're eating in a day. If you're on a calorie-restricted diet (or if you're just not hungry very often), you may not consume enough food to meet the vitamin requirements each day.

I just take a daily vegan multi to make sure all my bases are covered, as well as a larger dose of B12 (I'll be reviewing my blood work in a few months to see if I can back off the B12).

Yes. I also recommend a multi. But typically multis are a little on the low side of minerals. The mRDA of most of the minerals are bigger than a typical vitamin. They do make "mineral supplements". the most common is calcium. Sometimes they combine those with other minerals like magnesium. But potassium is often left out because of toxicity concerns.

Best bet is to get all this stuff plus all the phytonutrients from whole foods by eating a large amount and a large variety of plant foods. but I recognize that that can be difficult. I recommend tracking your nutrients in CronOmeter. Change your eating habits to help out. Sometimes that is pretty easy. like switching peanuts to cashews. or including more beans and spinach. But if you do see a recurring deficiency - then maybe the easiest solution is a supplement.

B complex vitamins and minerals: whole grains, sprouted grains(more), seeds, nuts , legumes and some in fruit and vegetables.
C: Most fruits and vegetables, higher in some than others.

If you really want to make sure you're getting all your minerals, including trace minerals that may not be present (or present in a large degree of commercially farmed crops)...then look into Nixtamalization. It is what various native peoples have done to add minerals to their corn as well as make the Niacin in it more bio-available. It can, however, be used on any grain to soften the outer seed coat and add lots of minerals and trace minerals.

No need to worry about any of that if you eat nuts and seeds daily.

Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, poppy seeds, pine nuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts.
More than enough choice.

https://www.nutrition-and-you.com/nuts_nutrition.html

Seeds can easily be added to sandwiches, hot meals and salads, you barely taste them and they add extra crunch.
I love eating nuts along with dates for dinner.

I have a pretty good varied diet , and have just had my magnesium and potassium levels checked , along with protein , iron , etc .. All my levels were fine .. Nuts and seeds are great , along with a varied diet of vegetables and some fruit .. As mentioned above , if you eat a rainbow of foods along with the seeds and nuts , you should be fine ..
No need to overdo the bananas ..

Best wishes ! x

Huel is vegan and they have a gluten free option. I take it to work. The claim is it is 100% complete human nutrition and you can live off the stuff. Some people say they have gone over a year on just Huel...I'm not going to try it, though. I like "real" food too much.

Huel is vegan and they have a gluten free option. I take it to work. The claim is it is 100% complete human nutrition and you can live off the stuff. Some people say they have gone over a year on just Huel...I'm not going to try it, though. I like "real" food too much.

Huel is a meal replacement powder. Just like the American product Soylent.

One user stated that you could live forever on just Huel and water. Another user said that it would just feel like forever.

I'm holding out for when Bachelor Chow finally hits the market.

• Haha
Reactions: Hazelsqueak