How can I find a vegan GF?

Go to places where there might at least be vegetarians. Vegan is honestly a tall order when you combine it with other facets of compatibility. I'm envious of my vegan friend who has been dating her partner since high school when he was a vegetarian so it wasn't hard to get him to go vegan.

In the past year I briefly dated a vegetarian and a little longer an ex vegan who said he felt guilty but apparently not guilty enough. I was attracted to one vegan who had a terrible personality otherwise, so that went no where.

But I have more of a chance meeting a compatible vegan or vegetarian if I do certain types of volunteer work or activities. Even in Northern California meeting the right vegan on the street would require an act of destiny.

TBH I am quite happy living my life as a solo vegan. It was just that recently I had some sexual dreams, and it made me wonder. Of course it would be nice to find a vegan partner to share our similar passions, but it is a tough one to crack.

Here in America, there is a number of online possibilities. there are online dating services for Vegans. Even regular dating sites have "filters" and search functions. You could probably search them for vegans.

FaceBook has a vegan section and usually has geographical meetups.

But my suggestion is to find an animal rights group that needs volunteers. or an animal shelter. or whatever. and then start volunteering. you might meet some nice people. and even if the people you meet are male, they may have sisters. or moms. or daughters. And if it doesn't work out - it's not like you were there just to meet chicks. You did some good in the world.

Oh, and there are vegan groups that do stuff. Just recently I learned about a group going to Paris. Google Vegan Tours and Trips. There are even Vegan Cruises.

Here is one.

HA!! PETA has a list

There are also wildlife tours which are sometimes working trips. I know in Florida they organize Turtle egg rescue operations. I'm usre there are other things in Europe. They may not be vegan but they are animal lovers. that is a good start.

Last edited:
I just want to go dating. I live in London. I was thinking of chatting to a random girl on the street, but she is unlikely to be vegan. Any tips?

If you check my signature (below) you will see a link to a 'spiritual' dating website and you can choose by diet type. So if there are any vegans, that are part of the site, in London, you may be able to find them.

There may also be other dating sites that have similar options.

Good luck!!

Emma JC

Try being a college student and a vegan! I'd be considered lucky to find someone who just didn't smoke/do drugs. How pathetic is that!?
Despite that, I have very high standards, so dating is not going to happen for me at this time in my life, most likely. Not really sad about that, as I am a complete person on my own and don't really feel I need someone. It will happen when it is meant to... you should remember that too!

My advice would be to look up some local vegan groups in your area. I think that social media dating is normally sucky... better to meet/engage with people in the real world. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: fakei and Rebecca68
I have done a lot of volunteering over the years. TBH in my experience, it is not that great at making long term friends. Yes you can make friends whilst you are there, but once it is over the friendship ends. One of my jobs was working in a charity shop and I met a lot of girls, but I did not have a good income so could not go dating. Now I have a job I want to go dating. I want to enjoy myself and do this on the weekends. Sometimes when I am in town I get the urge to talk to a girl, maybe I will just act on it, and see what happens. Perhaps I can convert her if I am lucky.

I do have an online crush, but she lives quite far from me. An animal lover but not a vegan. If she goes vegan maybe I will take it more seriously.

Reactions: vesper818 and Lou
The most practical thing to do is just date a girl you like and who likes you back. If she truly loves you and wants to be with you forever then she should be willing to make the switch to veganism. This is personally what I do.

I'll date a meat-eater but I'd never marry or move in with one. In my adult life I want to be able to spend time with the ones I love without the cruelty of animal product being involved. I don't want to open my fridge and see stacks of meat or have to go to two different places for dinner because I need something vegan but my husband is craving a hamburger.

I became vegetarian at 13 and vegan at 14. I had to deal with living with an unsupportive meat-eating family and their cruelty filled ways all throughout my childhood. In my adult life where I have more freedom, I don't want that to happen all over again.

Your partner should be able to understand and realize the benefits of veganism. If not then they're not the right one for you anyway. I'd never want to marry someone who simply puts their own satisfaction over the treatment of other living creatures.

Better than finding a vegan girlfriend, try to find an omnivore and transform her into a herbivore. Tell her we'd welcome her with open arms !! ;)

Better than finding a vegan girlfriend, try to find an omnivore and transform her into a herbivore. Tell her we'd welcome her with open arms !! ;)
Speaking as a 50-something, I would never take that on. I realize I may be solo for the rest of my life, but I will never try to covert someone who is not already on the verge of changing already. I have little time nor patience to try to convince someone of the obvious anymore. ... Even the "options" at Meet Mindful are rather dismal. Real life seems to be worse. Good luck!! A younger person has a better chance, IMO ♥️

I actually agree with TofuRobot. but...

When I was 40, I was one "input" away from starting a transition. I suppose I was at the tipping point. For me, that input was a newspaper article. but it Might Have Been a cute hippie girl selling vegan burritos at a Grateful Dead concert.

Speaking as a 50-something, I would never take that on. I realize I may be solo for the rest of my life, but I will never try to covert someone who is not already on the verge of changing already. I have little time nor patience to try to convince someone of the obvious anymore. ... Even the "options" at Meet Mindful are rather dismal. Real life seems to be worse. Good luck!! A younger person has a better chance, IMO ♥

That's awfully negative of you though, I mean: "I have little time nor patience to try to convince someone of the obvious anymore"...
I'm not talking specifically about finding a partner anymore but in general and no offense but if everyone would have this kind of attitude we can just as well all start eating meat. It is because of advocates that make their voices heard that we are where we are now which, you will agree, is one hell of a lot further than 20 years ago and that some people get to see what you deem obvious and if those who see start eating less meat/fish or become vegetarians, that is already a big win. We live in a society where the standard has become using animal products in basically everything and some people might indeed not see the light yet and therein lies our responsibility. If we aren't the ones explaining and showing that people have been brainwashed, are having decreased health and are smacked in the face by the meat industry that lies to them about how their cattle is being treated on a daily basis by using terms like "free range" or "BIO", who will?
I will agree that it is never enough. Not until everyone stops consuming and using animal products or torturing animals but to make baby steps forward, a certain amount of patience, positive attitude and energy is required.

Last edited:
I'm not talking specifically about finding a partner ...
But that what the op was taking about, so that is what I was talking about.

And yeah, it might seem negative, but life is a lot shorter for me and I don't have time to argue with someone who is on the "Paleo train," if you get my drift. There's too many other fish in the sea ?

But that what the op was taking about, so that is what I was talking about.

And yeah, it might seem negative, but life is a lot shorter for me and I don't have time to argue with someone who is on the "Paleo train," if you get my drift. There's too many other fish in the sea ?
Yes. My fear would be that they are only doing it as an underlying motive to please me, not because it is what they are convicted of in their own heart. Then what happens when the newness wears away and reality sinks in, will they kick back and start going back to their old self and old habits? I see this happen so many times in couples with other things, like someone who was messy seems to start getting their life back in order, but then after committing or getting married goes from neat and tidy back to their messy old self and back to their old habits. I know some people truly do change their lives for the better and change convictions, but usually it happens at a breaking point in their lives and it is something they start working on with themselves on their own. I don't like when people change because of me, it makes me feel uneasy honestly. I know I'm not very old, but I have been through too much family drama to trust that much, but I think it is awesome when it does happen and works out for other people, I'd rather meet someone who is at a similar point in life as me however. :)

Yes. My fear would be that they are only doing it as an underlying motive to please me, not because it is what they are convicted of in their own heart. Then what happens when the newness wears away and reality sinks in, will they kick back and start going back to their old self and old habits? I see this happen so many times in couples with other things, like someone who was messy seems to start getting their life back in order, but then after committing or getting married goes from neat and tidy back to their messy old self and back to their old habits. I know some people truly do change their lives for the better and change convictions, but usually it happens at a breaking point in their lives and it is something they start working on with themselves on their own. I don't like when people change because of me, it makes me feel uneasy honestly. I know I'm not very old, but I have been through too much family drama to trust that much, but I think it is awesome when it does happen and works out for other people, I'd rather meet someone who is at a similar point in life as me however. :)
t think if I meet someone IRL that was vegetarian are maybe even pescatarian, I *might* be willing to consider dating them depending on how open minded they were. But if I'm putting something out there on a dating site, I'm going to make it clear I'm looking for a vegan partner. May as well be clear about what you want up front, when given the chance.

Last edited:
t think if I meet sometime IRL that was vegetarian are maybe even pescatarian, I *might* be willing to consider saying them depending on how open minded they were. But if I'm putting something out there on a dating site, I'm going to make it clear I'm looking for a vegan partner. May as well be clear about what you want up front, when given the chance.
Yes, I feel similarly. Especially with internet I try to be as open and honest about specifically looking for a vegan partner. I can relate. :)

...omg the lack of proofreading, lol o_O ...Wouldn't it be cool if when you went back and edited out your mistakes, it would also edit the parts that people quoted, haha ;)

I would try babysitting a little kid under the age of five. The younger the better. Take the kid to the places you normally like to go. The girls will see your nurturing side and go wild. (Keep in mind I am a little autistic.) When I was young, I would babysit very young family members and go places with them. The girls would always try and talk to the cute family member and not me. I was so stupid. They would talk to the cute family member to have an opportunity to be around me.

Anyway, almost thirty years ago, there is this absolutely beautiful lady who starts a conversation with my young family member. She was HOT. He was maybe 4 years old at the time. One of the first things he says is to her is, "I have diarrhea." It was an embarrassing moment and a messy situation. In addition, I was super aware that he might need to go to the bathroom at any moment.

That beautiful lady is now the mother of my two children and my wife.

I just want to go dating. I live in London. I was thinking of chatting to a random girl on the street, but she is unlikely to be vegan. Any tips?
If you chat to a random girl on the street, she may be beautiful but she wouldn't probably be a girl of your dreams nor vegan. Go to vegan forums and talk to the girls you take an interest in!

I have done a lot of volunteering over the years. TBH in my experience, it is not that great at making long term friends. Yes you can make friends whilst you are there, but once it is over the friendship ends. One of my jobs was working in a charity shop and I met a lot of girls, but I did not have a good income so could not go dating. Now I have a job I want to go dating. I want to enjoy myself and do this on the weekends. Sometimes when I am in town I get the urge to talk to a girl, maybe I will just act on it, and see what happens. Perhaps I can convert her if I am lucky.

I do have an online crush, but she lives quite far from me. An animal lover but not a vegan. If she goes vegan maybe I will take it more seriously.
You are not extremely faithful, but at least you are a vegan. People are so wild! You are not the worst one of them!