How can I find a vegan GF?

Once the COVID-19 lockdowns have been lifted, a very good way to meet other vegans is through a local vegan Meetup group. You can search for one through the Meetup website: We are what we do . These groups are free. It's how I met my beautiful vegan wife!

Not a good idea to date an omnivorous person. If you and that person have children, there will be conflict regarding the raising of that child.
My ex wife started omniverous.

Then, she asked "why don't you eat meat?"

So I explained in simple words. I did not pressure her at all and did not bring it up again.

She thought about it for two weeks, then said that she decided she wanted to stop eating meat because of animals.

Reactions: vesper818
My ex wife started omniverous.

Then, she asked "why don't you eat meat?"

So I explained in simple words. I did not pressure her at all and did not bring it up again.

She thought about it for two weeks, then said that she decided she wanted to stop eating meat because of animals.

That's wonderful. It's also extremely rare. To encourage vegetarians to date/marry omnivores is to encourage a difficult relationship.

Sometimes people believe what they do not because it's true, but because they want to believe it.

It is common for people to make decisions based on how they feel and then later try and justify their choices. This is especially true of religion where they fill in the blanks with [deity].

This is what a lot of anti-vegans do, too; labelling, stereotyping, and mocking vegans and veganism. The same is true for other pejorative labeling (SJW, RWNJ, feminazi, pedo, nigger, etc). Things tend to go by how you treat people.

People can change their mind on religion, too. But what I find is the problem with religion is that they don't want to. Religious faith is belief in things that are not evidently true. It demands denial of evidence and reality (to avoid eternal hell, etc). (Edit: religion is often inculcated from birth.)

For people trapped with unjustified or unfalsifiable beliefs, telling them they're stupid or laughing at them, makes them double down. That approach might work in public debate but it's not going to work well for interpersonal relationships.

People change their mind and they will when they are ready.

I find reasonableness to be the most important factor.

Sometimes people believe what they do not because it's true, but because they want to believe it.

It is common for people to make decisions based on how they feel and then later try and justify their choices. This is especially true of religion where they fill in the blanks with [deity].

This is what a lot of anti-vegans do, too; labelling, stereotyping, and mocking vegans and veganism. The same is true for other pejorative labeling (SJW, RWNJ, feminazi, pedo, nigger, etc). Things tend to go by how you treat people.

People can change their mind on religion, too. But what I find is the problem with religion is that they don't want to. Religious faith is belief in things that are not evidently true. It demands denial of evidence and reality (to avoid eternal hell, etc). (Edit: religion is often inculcated from birth.)

For people trapped with unjustified or unfalsifiable beliefs, telling them they're stupid or laughing at them, makes them double down. That approach might work in public debate but it's not going to work well for interpersonal relationships.

People change their mind and they will when they are ready
I find reasonableness to be the most important factor.

Yes, agreed.

I have to be honest as I have met a lot of vegan men and they are all unattractive. I'm not even sure what the reason is for that. I have said this to other vegan women and they agreed with me.

From the vegan men I've known who have met female partners just pick someone older/unattractive/undesirable and you might get lucky!:laughing:
Hi,
From personal experiences, I'm certainly no God's gift to women and it seems unattractive to most, I always have been and that's life, but I've never met a Vegan woman who is attractive, not even remotely, though for all of us I guess it's down to the fact that we all have preferences! Whatever you do, make sure you don't compromise too much just to have a partner as it usually ends in a parting of the ways, I know!

• Haha
Reactions: Manish
There are countless beautiful vegan ladies. I recall telling a young man that he had a cute vegan girlfriend the other day at the grocery store.

Finding a vegan girlfriend is all so easy nowadays. Some online dating platforms are designed for vegans only while other dating websites have filters whereby you can filter your search to show vegan singles. I do not know about forums. Maybe you can score a lady here on the VeganForum. As long as you look for that special someone on social channels like Facebook where there are vegan groups, you may be in luck.

In the physical world, you have to be where other vegans frequent. Vegan restaurants are a good starting place. Even something absurd as participating in an animal rights street protest or demonstration can get you connected to a potential mate. With this COVID-19 thing, things are looking up for vegan singles. Since many individuals are going vegan, you will come along vegans ready to mingle without a hassle.

There are many online dating websites for single vegans and vegetarians. So there is no problem to find & meet other likeminded singles now. . Dating another vegan means having to make less compromises with what you believe in. Good luck!

The OP hasn't posted since May 2019, but I'll put in my 2 cents since the thread has been resurrected.

Statistically speaking, it should be easier for men to find a vegan girlfriend than a women to find a vegan boyfriend. Simply because there are more vegan women than men.

General advice is to attend events/join organizations that are likely to be of interest to vegan women. Vegan groups, environmental groups, AR groups, yoga classes, etc.

The OP hasn't posted since May 2019, but I'll put in my 2 cents since the thread has been resurrected.

Statistically speaking, it should be easier for men to find a vegan girlfriend than a women to find a vegan boyfriend. Simply because there are more vegan women than men.

General advice is to attend events/join organizations that are likely to be of interest to vegan women. Vegan groups, environmental groups, AR groups, yoga classes, etc.

Also, we have a local health food store that, although it is not vegan, offers vegan cooking classes. Also there are online (Zoom) vegan cooking classes happening and so even during these times there are opportunities to meet others.

Emma JC

Where I live there are many places to meet vegans, when there's no lock-down there's Veg Fest, vegan restaurants have special social gigs. Vegan coffee shops are friendly places.

Really? Mac Danzig? Casey Affleck? Not your taste? Maybe I just don't understand masculine sex appeal.

View attachment 21636

I just saw this, sorry. Just the ones I have met! I am married anyway. I am just reporting what a lot of other vegan women say about vegan men.

Hi,
From personal experiences, I'm certainly no God's gift to women and it seems unattractive to most, I always have been and that's life, but I've never met a Vegan woman who is attractive, not even remotely, though for all of us I guess it's down to the fact that we all have preferences! Whatever you do, make sure you don't compromise too much just to have a partner as it usually ends in a parting of the ways, I know!

:laughing:

I have a very attractive vegetarian husband. Lucky for me. Hope you get someone who has low standards, lol.

I know this guy has been banned but I felt strongly to say how utterly untrue this statement is. It takes a lot of thinking and soul searching to come to a conclusion that is going to change the rest of your life in such a profound way. If I had followed my feelings, I would have been a kind of watered down Hare Krsna instead of a christian. I became a christian by conviction, not feelings.

maybe online dating. A friend of mine met nice gf online some time ago

I know plenty of vegan men and women! Many are attractive. Many also are not single, but single vegans do exist.

The number of vegan-curious people who I meet vastly out-number the practicing vegans. There are a lot of people who are interested in veganism but haven’t taken the plunge yet. They want to learn more about it, to have someone to share vegan meals with, etc.

As you meet people, ask what they think of veganism. Consider dating aspiring vegans as well as practicing ones.

Also, if you’re involved in anything creative, even as a supporter, you’ll probably meet vegans. Same with activism, and anything else cutting edge. Go where there’s energy and innovation, where people are taking risks, doing interesting and worthwhile things.

You can also check out vegan hunger relief groups like Food Not Bombs and Chilis On Wheels. I haven’t volunteered with either yet, but I always hear good things about them.

Reactions: Emma JC
Once COVID-19 is under control, you might consider going to the various Vegan Meetups (Meetup - We are what we do). They have Meetups for virtually any interest, including vegetarianism/veganism. It's free, too.

The Meetups are cool because it's just a bunch of people getting together in a group, socially. There isn't the pressure/disappointment of a one-on-one date.

My dating life was garbage (read "painfully lonely") until the Vegan Meetups came around in 2008 or so. At that point, I started having more dates than I'd had in the previous 10 years. I met my beautiful vegan wife in 2010, and the rest is happy history.

Last edited: