Do you drink vegan wine

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
The way the question is phrased doesn't account whether any wine is drank :shrug:
I don't drink wine at all, vegan or not

Reactions: beforewisdom
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check the app and the store out.
Btw, does anyone use a wine cooling unit? I'm thinking about buying one and calling wine guardian customer service for details. But it would be great to find out real people's experiences first.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll check the app and the store out.
Btw, does anyone use a wine cooling unit? I'm thinking about buying one and calling wine guardian customer service for details. But it would be great to find out real people's experiences first.
Wow! you are a real wine enthusiast!

Not sure if you'll like Trader Joe's. Their most expensive wine is under $20.
one good bet is Trader Joe's Barrel Heist Cabernet Sauvignon.

I usually stick with the Charles Shaw brand at TJs. I think not only are they all Vegan but they are very inexpensive. They used to have the nick name Two Buck Chuck. That was like 20 years ago and a bottle was $1.99. But they are still a Good Buy.

Another good plan is to Google "Vegan Wine" and turn on shopping. Not only will you see a good selection but also prices, and where to go to buy them.

To contradict @missbeckman, finding vegan wine is not tricky.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PTree15
I thought wine was naturally vegan.

I did a Google search, and apparently there are wine producers out their that use casein (milk protein), egg whites and isinglass.

Personally, I've never heard of a (U.S.) producer that uses those ingredients, and like with beer, isinglass went out of favor years ago (for cost and supply reasons)

FYI, there are some beer producers that use lactose.

Popular animal-derived fining agents used in the production of wine include blood and bone marrow, casein (milk protein), chitin (fiber from crustacean shells), egg albumen (derived from egg whites), fish oil, gelatin (protein from boiling animal parts), and isinglass (gelatin from fish bladder membranes).​

Popular animal-derived fining agents used in the production of wine include blood and bone marrow, casein (milk protein), chitin (fiber from crustacean shells), egg albumen (derived from egg whites), fish oil, gelatin (protein from boiling animal parts), and isinglass (gelatin from fish bladder membranes).​

Some of those ingredients seem over the top. This is a list from PETA, which I don't consider a reliable source.. Do they name specific brands?

Almost no producers in America use animal "filtering" products.

I did another search asking which wines use animal products, and all of the results showed me vegan wines. Which isn't what I asked.

This is the best I could find. a article from Forbes:

1. What’s the percentage of wineries in the world are vegan, to your knowledge? Any estimates?
At this time, it’s hard to provide specific estimates. Because the term “vegan” is not regulated, many wineries can claim that their product is vegan, and the consumer has no way of knowing whether or not this is true. Furthermore, the information posted on these sites is often outdated. The BevVeg! vegan certification label is the label the consumer can know and trust to be verified vegan.

Last edited:
Some of those ingredients seem over the top. This is a list from PETA, which I don't consider a reliable source.. Do they name specific brands?
Why don't you consider PETA reliable. I consider them The Best information on vegan products.
And in that article they only list specific vegan wines. But you can go check Branivore yourself to see the names of specific non-vegan wines.

Almost no producers in America use animal "filtering" products.
That is pretty much untrue. Why do you think that?
I did another search asking which wines use animal products, and all of the results showed me vegan wines. Which isn't what I asked.

This is the best I could find. a article from Forbes:

I checked out that article. The info was pretty interesting. I don't think I had heard of BevVeg before. And I don't think I have spotted their certification before. Maybe cause they are Canadian. I pretty much just rely on Branivore. But from now on I will look for BevVeg certification.

Reactions: Lou