Eating flax seeds raw OK?

While I do appreciate questions about nutrition here as it gets us all to do further research, and look at different sources, we're not experts here.
We read books, google things, read blogs and news

Oh, "nuke" is a slang word for microwave

Thank you very much for making the article more understandable.

Very sorry, but at the moment I still understand this is right:
In summary, the article probably means that flaxseed in quantities that do not exceed e.g. half a cup per day could, with a certain degree of probability, be safe.

But it isn't?

So this is wrong?
flaxseed in quantities that do not exceed e.g. half a cup per day / at a time could, with a certain degree of probability, be safe.[/

Sorry again for my bad understanding.

While I do appreciate questions about nutrition here as it gets us all to do further research, and look at different sources, we're not experts here.
We read books, google things, read blogs and news
Yes, of course, OK, I actually thought that. Is this a very general statement or is there a connection to something I said?

Thank you very much for making the article more understandable.

Very sorry, but at the moment I still understand this is right:

But it isn't?

So this is wrong?

Sorry again for my bad understanding.

Yes, of course, OK, I actually thought that. Is this a very general statement or is there a connection to something I said?
Would you ever, really, think of eating a half cup of ground flaxseeds?

Here is the whole statement-
"Okay, but what about a little over nine tablespoons—that’s over a half-cup at a time—and that does start skirting toxicity. And finally, what about a whole cup? I don’t even know how you’d eat a whole cup at once, but that is too much, putting you in that potential toxic range for about three hours. So much for the industry’s eight-cups-at-a-time-are-safe. But even in this worse-case scenario situation, one cup raw on an empty stomach at the highest dose they could find, that person still didn’t actually have any clinical symptoms. This is consistent with the fact that there’s not a single published report of cyanide poisoning after consumption of flax seeds anywhere in the literature, even from Swedish health spas, where they evidently give up to 12 tablespoons as a “fibre shock.” Usually, high doses are two or so tablespoons three times a day, and this dose would be “safe with respect to possible acute toxicity of cyanide.”

So at a half cup of ground flax it begins to enter the worrisome range of toxicity, but no clinical symptoms.

I was speaking in general, but it does seem to worry a lot about foods. I can't tell if just an interest, or obesession

Sorry, what does the mean?
Nuking is short for microwaving.
I take one half cup oats, one cup soy milk, I put it in the microwave for 3 minutes. Sometime it will boil over so I use a microwave splash guard.

I used to add everything once it was cooked but starting today I'm adding the flaxseed to the oatmeal and then nuke it.

just one tbsp of flaxseed which is what Dr. Gregar recommends.

Reactions: Emma JC
Would you ever, really, think of eating a half cup of ground flaxseeds?
No no, not just flaxseeds, but if they are in a bread or so may be one could reach half a cup. I don't know.

So at a half cup of ground flax it begins to enter the worrisome range of toxicity, but no clinical symptoms.

Yes, that is why I thought this sounds right (well, maybe a little less than a half cup):
flaxseed in quantities that do not exceed e.g. half a cup per day / at a time could, with a certain degree of probability, be safe.

I was speaking in general, but it does seem to worry a lot about foods. I can't tell if just an interest, or obesession
Actually neither, I would say / hope, "out of necessity" (to avoid eating unhealthy food) I just want to know what you should eat and how to prepare it best.

Yes, considering the cyanide I would leave it at that. Or rather don't eat it anymore. Eating a food that is known to contain cyanide/pollutants would seem somehow strange to me.

No no, not just flaxseeds, but if they are in a bread or so may be one could reach half a cup. I don't know.

Yes, that is why I thought this sounds right (well, maybe a little less than a half cup):
flaxseed in quantities that do not exceed e.g. half a cup per day / at a time could, with a certain degree of probability, be safe.

Actually neither, I would say / hope, "out of necessity" (to avoid eating unhealthy food) I just want to know what you should eat and how to prepare it best.

Yes, considering the cyanide I would leave it at that. Or rather don't eat it anymore. Eating a food that is known to contain cyanide/pollutants would seem somehow strange to me.
Many things contain cyanide. Didn't you read the research on it I linked?

Nuking is short for microwaving.
I take one half cup oats, one cup soy milk, I put it in the microwave for 3 minutes. Sometime it will boil over so I use a microwave splash guard.

I used to add everything once it was cooked but starting today I'm adding the flaxseed to the oatmeal and then nuke it.

I mean do you feel, but Dr Greger has no issues with raw ground flax. Per his research, there is no significant increase up to a half cup of raw.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Many things contain cyanide. Didn't you read the research on it I linked?
Yes yes, I did, of course. I don't eat rice anymore because it's supposed to contain arsenic. Although you can reduce the content to a perhaps harmless level through washing and perhaps other measures, or you can eat rice that contains less arsenic at all, which would perhaps not be harmful or be less harmful, I would prefer not to eat rice at all. So the same with flaxseeds and others. Maybe one can much easier reach the critical quantity if one eats different products together in a day that contain cyanide Zyanid, I do not know. But maybe that amounts of cyanide not exceeding a special level would not matter at all. And maybe it is not a good approach to not to eat some or even many (actual) foods containing some pollutants in actually not harmful quantities.