Status
Not open for further replies.
A recipe calls for 1 T of canned tomato paste (or another product). Just what am I supposed to do with the rest of it?

Do you guys open both ends of the tiny can and push it out with the bottom lid? ;)

Reactions: KLS52
Do you guys open both ends of the tiny can and push it out with the bottom lid? ;)
I usually just open one end. And I end up using my finger to get the hardest part out toward the bottom, and licking it off my finger lol.

I usually just open one end. And I end up using my finger to get the hardest part out toward the bottom, and licking it off my finger lol.
Try both ends! My can opener always leaves a sharp part I worry about

You could also try freezing leftover paste in an ice cube tray....

Exactly what I was about to say.:)

You can also do that with leftover wine into ice cube trays for cooking later, not that I have ever tested that theory!:D

Exactly what I was about to say.:)

You can also do that with leftover wine into ice cube trays for cooking later, not that I have ever tested that theory!:D
But then you still need something to put them in--like a ziplock bag....so why not just put them in a ziplock bag and make portions with your finger?

But then you still need something to put them in--like a ziplock bag....so why not just put them in a ziplock bag and make portions with your finger?

Hmm, I see what you mean. I have read that a lot of people do the ice cube tray thing with leftover alcohol, the end of flavoured oils from jars, pasta sauce, pesto etc... I don't know if they also seal the tray in a bag afterwards.

I usually just make extra portions of whatever I'm making and put in the fridge or freezer and then throw away the jars/cans. I'm like Shyvas and buy tomato puree in a tube anyway, not a can.

In fact, the only thing I ever buy that I use once and then don't know what to do with the rest is houmous. I really enjoy it at first but then can't stomach it after that and it usually has to be eaten within three days. That is why I don't buy it now as I end up wasting it.

That's still a lot more than a can. How long does it keep in the tube?
I keep hummus about a week opened without any problem

Status
Not open for further replies.