Status
Not open for further replies.

MadamSarcastra

MadamSarcastra, over & out.
Reaction score
.... you notice one of those fluffy little seeds wafting in the breeze & your brain immediately screams "AAAH!! MOSQUITO!!" :woo:

Oh... wait.... :fp: LOL

...the season finale of one of your favorite TV shows ends on a cliffhanger - and doesn't get resolved because the show gets cancelled. :sob:

...you have lots of peanut butter, but you've run out of bread, crackers, carrots, celery, anything you can put peanut butter on. :|

...you read something beautiful and moving on Facebook, and the only comments are spam. :pout:

... you hear a very well-known groovin' tune and for the life of you, can't remember what the hell it's called or even who's jamming on it? :bang:

I've been Googling variations of jazz, instrumental, piano, muted trumpet, upbeat, etc. for over two hours... nothin'.... and I know once I find it I'm gonna wanna kick myself. LOL

Last edited:
You butter a piece of toast and it drops on the floor.

You walk through a doorway and your sleeve catches on the doorknob or you bump your elbow.

Actually, those things might just be annoying to me specifically as I'm quite clumsy.:shrug:

...the season finale of one of your favorite TV shows ends on a cliffhanger - and doesn't get resolved because the show gets cancelled. :sob:

Yes, I agree. Not that it was one of my favourite shows, but I was annoyed when they stopped Ringer as I definitely could have watched it for another series.

You google for a solution to a setting problem on your iPhone and the oh so easy fix that comes up with every single search doesn't work.

I couldn't find the auto lock setting for my phone. Everything I searched said it was under "general" in settings. Click "General" then scroll to "auto lock". Well guess what, there is no "auto lock" under the "general" setting. It took me 40 minutes of clicking every single option to figure out that it was under display and brightness. I clicked every single other option but display and brightness because I never thought it would be there, especially when they were telling me that it was right under general. Pain in my butt.

You wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and can't get back to sleep. Until a half hour before it's time to get up.

You get to work in the morning, go to the coffee machine, and it's empty...again. So you have to be the one...again...to make a new pot.

Reactions: beancounter
I guess that is still better than the alternative of sleeping through the need to go to the bathroom.
That's when I start to dream that I need a bathroom desperately but there is always something that prohibits me from getting to/using one. Luckily, I have excellent control, lol. I eventually wake up. :p

Reactions: PTree15
You get to work in the morning, go to the coffee machine, and it's empty...again. So you have to be the one...again...to make a new pot.

Actually, drinking coffee "from a pot" ranks highly on my list of not-very-favourable things... (spoken as an Espresso Snob ;))

Luckily I was able to convince the other people in the Office (especially my boss) that this is the way to go....

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturebound1
.... when the damned Internet Explorer / new PC / Windows xx decides to help me in typing by spell checking and randomly automatically capitalizing words it thinks are nouns (in German, nouns are capitalized) and I have no clue where and how to turn that off... :mad:

Last edited:
.... you decide to make a healthier choice with your coffee (by say, swapping out your traditional hazelnut creamer for a good splash of hemp milk), only to be rewarded with unappetizing little white floaties.... from, uh... "milk solids"?? :hmm: Ick.

.... allergies creep in on the tail-end of a cold? Today has been non-stop runny nose, itchy throat & coughing (which oddly enough, could only be alleviated by a cigarette :fp:) , occasional sneezing... all VERY familiar to me. And what's weird is that it'll be gone tomorrow, like the allergen-gusting wind that died down tonight. In the meantime, my nose is raw from blowing so much & my hands are raw from washing them so much. LOL :confused:

And I notice now that my symptoms have ceased their barrage on/in my head/throat. :weird:

All is calm. :zen:

...when you have a hard time sleeping and then when you do finally fall asleep, you have nightmares

... winter shows up too early, like yesterday. I'm not ready for the snow. I even had to brush off the car. Oh, the horror! :D

...you watch pharmaceutical ads on television with a list of side effects that's two or three times longer than the list of benefits you're supposed to get from the drug being advertised. :rolleyes:

Reactions: beancounter
How many inches did you get? We are getting rain up here in NH.
We got only a couple of inches, and it all washed away by the end of the day. But when I left for work, I had to bust out the scraper. :D It's all nice and sunny today. :)

Reactions: Val
Status
Not open for further replies.