Status
Not open for further replies.
It ruined my vegan sandals so I decided to wear a pair of canvas shoes I have. You are not supposed to go out in the rain with them, so of course it has been pouring with rain all day.:rolleyes:

... you have stuff soaking in the kitchen sink & you reach in to drain the water & your pushed-up sleeve decides to slide down your arm into the water.... :brood: And this happened twice... again when I was loading the washing machine. :fp: **sigh**

I just realized how much I've spent on all these good deals :(
and yes I hate getting my sleeves wet and it seems like that happens so often when it cold!
I need to come up with elastic 'bracelet' things to keep sleeves from falling down, without being too tight! Or when you get water on the countertop in front of the sink and don't realize you're leaning right into it, getting your top all wet

I just realized how much I've spent on all these good deals :(
and yes I hate getting my sleeves wet and it seems like that happens so often when it cold!
I need to come up with elastic 'bracelet' things to keep sleeves from falling down, without being too tight! Or when you get water on the countertop in front of the sink and don't realize you're leaning right into it, getting your top all wet
We should just wear arm-garters & aprons at all times. LMAO :p

You have to go back to work the day after Thanksgiving, although the weekend is just around the corner lol.

Reactions: Amy SF
You have to go back to work the day after Thanksgiving, although the weekend is just around the corner lol.

Even worse, when you DO get the time off - and you get sick. :bang:

I once had to work the day after Thanksgiving. Fortunately, there was so little work to do that I got permission to only work half a day. Unfortunately, I woke up feeling so sick that I went to see the doctor after work. I ended up spending my afternoon off and the entire weekend fighting a cold. :rolleyes:

Even worse, when you DO get the time off - and you get sick. :bang:

I once had to work the day after Thanksgiving. Fortunately, there was so little work to do that I got permission to only work half a day. Unfortunately, I woke up feeling so sick that I went to see the doctor after work. I ended up spending my afternoon off and the entire weekend fighting a cold. :rolleyes:
That really sucks! HUGS

Back in March 2013 my partner's parents bought us round trip tickets to south Texas to visit them and see the ocean. I had never seen the ocean in my life so I was really excited. We were to go when I was on spring break from school and was able to get the week off work. At the time I was very sick and underweight, and the day before leaving on the trip I came down with the flu, complete with chills, fever, sore throat, hacking dry cough, chest pain. I decided I was going anyway because I felt it was possibly a once in a lifetime chance to see the ocean. We had to travel through the Minneapolis, Chicago, Houston, and Corpus Christi airports all in one day. It was probably really stupid to travel among so many people when I was so sick and I probably spread it to so many people, but I was hell bent on going. Adrenaline was what kept me going. It was 15 f temperature when we left home and in the 70s F when we arrived in Texas. But I wore a winter coat and sweatshirt most of my stay there due to chills. I spent a good bit of it in bed in the hotel room battling the flu. But I did get to see the ocean, and I got to witness dolphins playing in the ocean too. I had never seen a dolphin in real life, let alone in the wild. That trip was a turning point for me and the start of my recovery from my ED. I remember staring at my bluish purple hands in the Texas heat standing on a beach freezing cold in a coat and wondering what the hell I was doing to myself. I didn't want to live like that anymore. Had I been well, I imagine that trip would have gone much better, but live and learn right? Some things can't be helped. I totally understand the frustration of spending all your free time in a doctor's office, and those darn colds are the worst!

Reactions: Amy SF
.... you're in the middle of scrubbing multiple veggies (like, say, mushrooms) and your nose starts running (from, say, sauteing very strong red onion) and you have to dry your hands off in order to blow your nose? LOL

…your husband buys a large container of roasted cashews and then leaves you alone with them for several days while he's away on business?

…your husband buys a large container of roasted cashews and then leaves you alone with them for several days while he's away on business?
That sounds so so familiar! I HATE how my partner can leave a dessert I make him in the refrigerator for days before he feels like eating it. And there is no way I can restrain myself when there are any cashews in the house lol.

Reactions: Poppy
I bought chipotle - lime flavored cashews and was really enjoying until I asked my sons if they liked them. First one said they tasted like the limes in Trix cereal, then later the other said the lime in Froot Loops! (which is funny because we never had those cereals!)
Now I don't like them

...waiting anxiously for a text back and they never text back? :mad:
Tried asking my guitar teacher if we could do Saturdays instead because I think it's getting too cold to bike. :lol: as much as I like going by myself, it just might be a little too much.

... you open your car door to get out, but not quite enough, so it closes back hard on your leg... or face. :oops: :dizzy:

When every weathercaster on TV says it's gonna rain...every website that has a weather forecast for my area says it's gonna rain...every weather app says it's gonna rain...I look out the window and it LOOKS like it's gonna rain...and it doesn't rain. :(

That sounds so so familiar! I HATE how my partner can leave a dessert I make him in the refrigerator for days before he feels like eating it. And there is no way I can restrain myself when there are any cashews in the house lol.
Lol, this is why I rarely have cashews in the house. If they are there, I will eat the entire container, no matter the size, in two days or less. :D

Reactions: Naturebound1
I hate it when my trousers/pants or socks get caught round my ankles whilst I am trying to take them off or put them on, and you end up stumbling about the place. Also, when my shorts disappear up my bum crack shortly after putting them on before working out. Rather annoying.

…you love your grandchildren more than anything in this world, but are ambivalent about seeing them because at least half the time you do, you end up sick? :pout:

Status
Not open for further replies.