Status
Not open for further replies.
...when people continue to lie even though you know the truth, and when they finally admit it (IF they do) you're like yeeepp. :rolleyes:
Can't trust anyone. Sometimes people hide the truth to avoid hurting someone's feelings, but when the truth can no longer be hidden, it hurts that much more - knowing they lied and betrayed your trust. I don't think people realize how much that hurts. Still, they hide behind excuses like "you can't handle the truth"
It wouldn't hurt so much if they were just honest in the first place. It would hurt at first, but I'd get over it faster.

Last edited:
...when you're singing a favorite song and get too emotional and freeze up. :v

... you hear a very well-known groovin' tune and for the life of you, can't remember what the hell it's called or even who's jamming on it? :bang:

I've been Googling variations of jazz, instrumental, piano, muted trumpet, upbeat, etc. for over two hours... nothin'.... and I know once I find it I'm gonna wanna kick myself. LOL
---- It turned out to be Herbie Hancock's Cantaloupe Island. :cool:

...a website you're shopping on requires a ridiculously large minimum purchase limit for free shipping? And you only wanted to buy one relatively cheap item from that site? And by the time a "free shipping on all orders with no minimum purchase required" promotion comes through, the item you wanted is no longer available, or you've changed your mind about it, or you've found the same item or something similar elsewhere. And usually for more than what you were hoping to pay for it.

…your dogs can hear the UPS truck coming from three blocks away and bark continuously until it's three blocks passed? :mad:

You step in the shower at the fitness center and THEN remember you forgot to bring a towel?

You totally miss your own typos. I'm sort of a self-proclaimed "typo-Nazi"... yeah, bad choice of words given our present situation.... :fp:

I do some online proof-reading from time to time, but that's totally different. I'm engrossed & not distracted. It's so easy to flub something when I'm just quickly tippy-tapping away on the keyboard. It's only when I get an alert & look to see what it is that I often see my blatant, glaring errors.
And then I feel shame & embarrassment. Like, "UGHH! How could I have missed that?!" :argh:

I totally agree! I hate typos!

I sent an email out to the whole department, yesterday, with a typo in the subject line, and while we work in a very informal setting, I was so annoyed that I let that happen...not to mention I asked my supervisor to proof it for me! Lol

I am basically a grammar/spelling fanatic but I do find myself giving in to short cuts/getting lazy due to the use of my cell phone for communicating more and more.

Reactions: Amy SF
I totally agree! I hate typos!

I sent an email out to the whole department, yesterday, with a typo in the subject line, and while we work in a very informal setting, I was so annoyed that I let that happen...not to mention I asked my supervisor to proof it for me! Lol

I am basically a grammar/spelling fanatic but I do find myself giving in to short cuts/getting lazy due to the use of my cell phone for communicating more and more.
I hate to admit it, but sadly, I guess no one's immune to human error. LOL :shrug:

Reactions: KLS52
You totally miss your own typos. I'm sort of a self-proclaimed "typo-Nazi"... yeah, bad choice of words given our present situation.... :fp:

I do some online proof-reading from time to time, but that's totally different. I'm engrossed & not distracted. It's so easy to flub something when I'm just quickly tippy-tapping away on the keyboard. It's only when I get an alert & look to see what it is that I often see my blatant, glaring errors.
And then I feel shame & embarrassment. Like, "UGHH! How could I have missed that?!" :argh:

I totally get it. I was a medical transcriber for over thirty years, and it was important to my job to be as accurate as possible. Before computers, I used a typewriter and would manually scan everything I transcribed for mistakes of all kinds, so I became obsessed with typos. Even with various kinds of automatic spellcheck, I would still manually check my writings. Typos and grammar mistakes tend to jump out at me and it's taken me years to learn not to be a grammar or typo Nazi with others. So when I realize that I'm the one who accidentally let a typo slip through, it's definitely annoying. There's a victory I can celebrate when I see a typo, I don't bother to fix it, and nobody cares about it. :p

I totally get it. I was a medical transcriber for over thirty years, and it was important to my job to be as accurate as possible. Before computers, I used a typewriter and would manually scan everything I transcribed for mistakes of all kinds, so I became obsessed with typos. Even with various kinds of automatic spellcheck, I would still manually check my writings. Typos and grammar mistakes tend to jump out at me and it's taken me years to learn not to be a grammar or typo Nazi with others. So when I realize that I'm the one who accidentally let a typo slip through, it's definitely annoying. There's a victory I can celebrate when I see a typo, I don't bother to fix it, and nobody cares about it. :p
Exactly. Sh*t happens. There are FAR more important things to fret about.

.... your greens turn to slime before it's time. :brood: I swear I JUST bought that baby kale a couple days ago!! :wtf:

Oh crap.

Doesn't it take you to Amazon?

How about this?

IMG_0912.JPG

Search for "Rubbermaid 7J93 Produce Saver Square Food Storage Containers Set of 8" on Amazon.

I rarely proofread my posts, and right when they post I realize I've left out words! I often sound like English is my second language!

I hate when my idea at work gets taken over and becomes a big hullaballo, requiring meetings and my supervisor taking it over! All I wanted was a white board so we had a visual tracker to facilitate our workload. For me to create! After weeks he brings it in, all laid out, not how i wanted!
I work Sat, so I'll redo it - then I'm off next week! :cool:

Oh crap.

Doesn't it take you to Amazon?

How about this?

View attachment 10294

Search for "Rubbermaid 7J93 Produce Saver Square Food Storage Containers Set of 8" on Amazon.
Well, I've got plenty of storage containers, that's never a problem. And I buy spinach/kale in those plastic clam-shell containers... usually I place paper towels inside to help curb the moisture problem for a bit. I got another batch of baby kale that looks vastly different to the stuff from before.... maybe I just got a batch that was on its way out. LOL

Online purchases are EXTREMELY rare for me. "I don't buy anything sight unseen." :cool:

Weird, I bought some storage boxes for my fridge this weekend. :)

Don't you hate it when... you step in dog crap. :fp:It happened to me yesterday and it doesn't make me feel any better that it was my dog.:D

I hate it even more when I step in it, on my property, and I don't own a dog! Lol

I doubt that the poop of your own dog smells sweeter than that of a stranger's dog ... but yeah, I understand.

Of course, the best way to step into fresh dog crap is when you are jogging with jogging shoes that have a super grippy profile sole that you will not get the poop out easily.... and if you notice it too late, after having treaded it through your apartment...

Status
Not open for further replies.