Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent all day thinking about cleaning and excersizing but have done nothing but starts.
I need to really learn how to spell excersize
Exercise. That was easy.

Do they even make a hazelnut creamer that isn't sweetened? Do they make a hazelnut powder like the PB powder? How come no one likes peanut flavored coffee? I think that sounds awful, but I also think all nut flavored coffees are awful. Does anyone think peanut flavored coffee sounds worth trying? You could buy the powdered peanut butter and put some in your drip coffee
I don't think peanut creamer would catch on. LOL

The only flavor of creamer I've ever liked is hazelnut. It helped ween me off of using BOTH cream & sugar. I switched from organic creamer to plant-based... it's much thinner so whereas I used to use just two teaspoons I end up adding more. And I don't like sweet sh*t. I just want to take the bitter edge off the coffee & add a little richness....

I've heard if you put a few lentils in the coffee basket it takes off the acidic edge
I tried it and didn't care for it, but I can definitely see how others would like that.
I don't care for coffee without a paper filter though. I tried my french press again and still don't like it

I have some powdered PB no one finishing. Peanut creamer. ? Heck, people put so much stuff in coffee that sounds awful to me, why not PB?
Like coconut

I've heard if you put a few lentils in the basket it takes off the acidic edge
I tried it and didn't care for it, but I can definitely see how others would like that.
I don't care for coffee without a paper filter though. I tried my french press again and still don't like it

I have some powdered PB no one finishing. Peanut creamer. ? Heck, people put so much stuff in coffee that sounds awful to me, why not PB?
Like coconut

Sometimes I put a teenie tiny bit of baking soda.

I've heard that chicory in coffee improves the flavor. Never tried it myself. It's just what I've heard.

I've heard that too, about chicory.

Eww, chicory. :yuck: LOL

Nah, I make very good coffee... only purified water poured BEFORE boiling, unbleached filters & a carafe/filter cone, whole beans that aren't ground too long.... beans ground too long heat up & get bitter, same thing with boiling water, it scalds the grounds.

I like a little bit of creamer... I just need to keep trying new plant-based ones until I find one I really dig. ;)

Eww, chicory. :yuck: LOL

Nah, I make very good coffee... only purified water poured BEFORE boiling, unbleached filters & a carafe/filter cone, whole beans that aren't ground too long.... beans ground too long heat up & get bitter, same thing with boiling water, it scalds the grounds.

I like a little bit of creamer... I just need to keep trying new plant-based ones until I find one I really dig. ;)
My grandparents used chicory in coffee. I think one of my relatives grew and roasted it because i remember it being in little wax paper bags with their name on it. I remember they liked at nighttime.
I looked it up to be sure I remembered it was the pretty blue wildflowers that are everywhere! It is, and has a lot of health benefits-
Health Benefits of Chicory | Organic Facts
I never liked it, but I may need to give it another try!

I agree with you on making coffee- filtered water, not yet boiling, and poured over. I do like mine plain

Reactions: KLS52
My grandparents used chicory in coffee. I think one of my relatives grew and roasted it because i remember it being in little wax paper bags with their name on it. I remember they liked at nighttime.
I looked it up to be sure I remembered it was the pretty blue wildflowers that are everywhere! It is, and has a lot of health benefits-
Health Benefits of Chicory | Organic Facts
I never liked it, but I may need to give it another try!
I had chicory in my youth... hated it from the get go. So no baking soda OR chicory in my java... I don't use cheap coffee & I certainly don't want it to taste salty or like burnt licorice. LMAO :p

I had chicory in my youth... hated it from the get go. So no baking soda OR chicory in my java... I don't use cheap coffee & I certainly don't want it to taste salty or like burnt licorice. LMAO :p
You don't use enough baking soda for you to taste it, I promise! It's the teensiest pinch.

And who are you calling cheap? Hahahahaha. :)

Wait what? Don't go putting stuff in the coffee. It's just coffee. It's simple, really - it's just shade grown, fairly traded, locally roasted and packaged, delivered in a hybrid truck to your hometown organic market, brought home in a bag you received in a VeggieBoards bag swap years ago, stored in the dark, measured into your Scandinavian stainless steel fine filtered cone, over the Chihuahua mug you bought at last year's art market, and poured over by your just-off-boiling, natural spring water that you carried home from the park before the snowstorm and heated in your glass Capresso, and lightened by a dollop of lightly sweetened organic soy creamer (which is the best, after all).

Reactions: Amy SF
You need good quality, medium roasted and freshly ground beans to make a good cup of coffee.

You also need a neutral type of water if not you obtain a very strange brew. Coffee also has to be strong if not it tastes awful.

When vegans say that hunting is ok because atleast it's not factory farms

Was watching streamers and came across a new vegan who was streaming Toontown, but then she brought up how she thinks hunting and humane meat is fine and how we should be accepting of everyone no matter what.
I disagree but often it's just a waste of energy to get into debates

well- if you live completely off the grid, miles and miles from civilization, and you really stalked your prey, like you knew the animals and went for the ones who were old, and only used meat to get your family through the harsh winter, I wouldn't take issue with that.
I'm sure that's not what was meant.

I kinda hate that compassion is always attributed to vegans. I'm not mean to anyone, regardless of how they treat me. I don't kick toddlers. I'd never ever kidnap anyone, much less kill them. I don't have to love or even like animals to understand that if I don't need to kill them it's wrong

I hate that people think eating vegan is limited. I had someone ask me why I'm not skinny today

Reactions: Val and Danielle
Status
Not open for further replies.