Do you neuter and spay?

Can't fix something that's bad inherently.
We don't have to fix it. We can make something new.

When I first tried to get a job in solar energy (1994), I was told that "solar died in 1982". I think that I helped to prove them wrong, and I just was an average student from a state college.

Reactions: Second Summer
We don't have to fix it. We can make something new.

When I first tried to get a job in solar energy (1994), I was told that "solar died in 1982". I think that I helped to prove them wrong, and I just was an average student from a state college.
Society's path to destruction go's deeper than people harming the planet.

To me there are very distinct differences in saying 'equal'. The thinking against limiting their population goes along with the idea they should not be 'kept' and housed. Do you understand the suffering that goes along with allowing cats and dogs to become wild? I can guarantee they would be trapped, poisoned, shot, in addition to the rampant diseases they don't have protections against. Oh, and parasites, and predators.
We have turned these animals into beings that are closest to our own species and I certainly feel we are obliged to protect them. For better or worse, that includes limiting their population, and caring for their health

To me there are very distinct differences in saying 'equal'. The thinking against limiting their population goes along with the idea they should not be 'kept' and housed. Do you understand the suffering that goes along with allowing cats and dogs to become wild? I can guarantee they would be trapped, poisoned, shot, in addition to the rampant diseases they don't have protections against. Oh, and parasites, and predators.
We have turned these animals into beings that are closest to our own species and I certainly feel we are obliged to protect them. For better or worse, that includes limiting their population, and caring for their health
And it is the same with humans?

We don't have pets as companions so much as we want to own and control a person. They never choose to be pets, they shouldn't have to be.

In different ways it was. Humans are quite constrained in their freedoms. Children have their freedoms and actions in strict control
Do you believe that forced sterilization is ok for humans to control population growth?

Do you believe that forced sterilization is ok for humans to control population growth?

People who consider themselves such AR activists to the extent of freedom for all, equality for all, can never come up with inclusive answers.
Take a look at the issues from the other side. You don't want any intrusions on animals reproductive rights. Well,animals are pretty good at controlling their populations themselves. They will kill or abandon their babies. Kill or abandon the sick. Kill for their food.
There is a thread here where people argue about how far to allow humans to involve themselves in helping animals in the wild, and it goes to the extent of creating "food bots", which are plant based 'robots' of some kind to prevent carnivores from eating prey animals. This of course is antithetical to your ideas, as the herbivorous animals of prey populations are controlled by how large or small their groups are, and would involve birth control. What are your ideas of population, and disease control?
How do you see reversing centuries of domestication?

Much that is changed cannot simply go back to the beginning

And if you're being so equitable, why do we do about about all the 'laws' people are forced to follow? Certainly you wouldn't expect people to be any more controlled than their cats or dogs!

I'm sure if a stray cat could choose between dying on the streets, or being in someone's house, they'd choose the latter. If they're starving and have no choice, they will do that. It is man made problem, but they'd rather live than die.

Last edited:
I'm sure if a stray cat could choose between dying on the streets, or being in someone's house, they'd choose the latter. If they're starving and have no choice, they will do that. It is man made problem, but they'd rather live than die.
Better to die free than be a slave. 1611515391095.png
Live free or die.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: silva
I'd like to see a ban on keeping cats inside, that's what you can expect if you vote for me as you president.
Some cats seem to enjoy being inside. Other cats seem to enjoy the outdoors. I see merit in allowing cats to live freely, as long as they are spayed or neutered. In Southern California, large outdoor cat population tends to attract more coyotes into neighborhoods (coyotes prey on cats), and this usually doesn't bode well for the coyotes.

Last edited: