Do you neuter and spay?

Why do you say this? I take it you do not believe in human animal equality.
Because your comparing slavery to keeping domestic animals housed.
I have been involved in cat rescues enough to clearly say there is no comparison.
Have you ever rescued cats from the streets? They are not wildlife, and have no protections against the parasites, and diseases. Birds and small rodents are not a natural diet

Why haven't you responded to my other post, since you're all about human/animal equality?
To me there are very distinct differences in saying 'equal'. The thinking against limiting their population goes along with the idea they should not be 'kept' and housed. Do you understand the suffering that goes along with allowing cats and dogs to become wild? I can guarantee they would be trapped, poisoned, shot, in addition to the rampant diseases they don't have protections against. Oh, and parasites, and predators.
We have turned these animals into beings that are closest to our own species and I certainly feel we are obliged to protect them. For better or worse, that includes limiting their population, and caring for their health
How would you like to be dropped off in the wild?

Because your comparing slavery to keeping domestic animals housed.
I have been involved in cat rescues enough to clearly say there is no comparison.
Have you ever rescued cats from the streets? They are not wildlife, and have no protections against the parasites, and diseases. Birds and small rodents are not a natural diet

Why haven't you responded to my other post, since you're all about human/animal equality?

How would you like to be dropped off in the wild?
I think humans should go back to nature and escape this sick society. Being owned is slavery, if someone owns you and locks you up in there house as a pet you're a slave.

Re: human/animal equality

If you were a caretaker for a person who, when left outside unsupervised, killed small animals, got parasitized by fleas and ticks, was vulnerable to animals, and crossed roads without any understanding of traffic, you would be a horrible caretaker to let that person outside unsupervised.

• Love
Reactions: 1956 and Lou
In the case of dogs and cats that people care for, these are domesticated animals, that do not fit in the natural environments, they depend on human care, and if left to live in the wild they are either killed or upset the environmental balance. They are still being bred, which should not be supported, there is an excess of either animals not still wanted and left for themselves, or taken into captivity, for an interested owner, or killed if there is not any. Those cats and dogs should be saved, and animals for pets should not be chosen right from businesses who have them from breeders. And as there are more needing owners after being caught, and we should not leave more to be in natural environments, spaying and neutering is the right thing and sensible to do for them, with dogs and cats still being cared for.

In the case of dogs and cats that people care for, these are domesticated animals, that do not fit in the natural environments, they depend on human care, and if left to live in the wild they are either killed or upset the environmental balance. They are still being bred, which should not be supported, there is an excess of either animals not still wanted and left for themselves, or taken into captivity, for an interested owner, or killed if there is not any. Those cats and dogs should be saved, and animals for pets should not be chosen right from businesses who have them from breeders. And as there are more needing owners after being caught, and we should not leave more to be in natural environments, spaying and neutering is the right thing and sensible to do for them, with dogs and cats still being cared for.
Spaying and neutering should only be used to phase out the pet trade.

We have a plan in our neighbourhood that is payed for by the local council, to neuter all the strays. However, it's not always very easy to capture the cats that have set up home on our estate. There have been quite a few hit and misses and one escaped from it's cage just as the cat lady was taking it to the vet's.
When I first came here 15 1/2 years ago there was only 1 stray cat living here and now there are over 30.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1956