Christmas Countdown & Everything Thread-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the latest publication by Bosh tv, posted 22 hours ago. Perhaps you were searching earlier, and it hadn't been posted yet.☺
Oh, I like that explanation. It makes me feel less technologically challenged lol

Reactions: Val
Have you seen these pies yet, @shyvas ? I can't find a right thread to post about them.

I haven't as you really can't keep track with all the vegan products that are available in the UK supermarkets. The UK tops world records by the number of new vegan products that are marketed. I just want to cry when I have to do my grocery shopping over here. Dead flesh everywhere and the fish counter makes me upset. Dead fish everywhere with their eyes open.......😥

I must say that it's only thanks to the rise of the numerous flexitarians in the UK, that there are so many new products.👍

No worries and I'm here to move the posts if need be.
That's good. And... i still have to admit, that any misunderstanding that periodically occurs (despite my desperate attempts not to do it) on the ground of my literal translation from English into Russian and vice versa. English subjunctive is a real pain in the ***, because its rules are very different from the Russian subjunctive rules and meaning.:lol: Another 3 difficulties are: the articles, prepositions and words' order.😱:rofl:

Reactions: KLS52
I haven't as you really can't keep track with all the vegan products that are available in the UK supermarkets. The UK tops world records by the number of new vegan products that are marketed. I just want to cry when I have to do my grocery shopping over here. Dead flesh everywhere and the fish counter makes me upset. Dead fish everywhere with their eyes open.......😥

I must say that it's only thanks to the rise of the numerous flexitarians in the UK, that there are so many new products.👍
Ohh ugh... What about dead fish... I frequently visit our town's biggest shopping mall, as it has the best grocery store. Very often it happens late in the evening, before closing time, so in order to buy everything i need and get back to checkouts before 11p.m., i have to pass by the fish aisles. They are really huge. Numerous dead bodies lie on the crashed ice with mouths and eyes open, and this whole place stinks unbearably, which makes me feel nauseated. But the worst thing about it is that they also sell alive fish that is kept in crowded small aquariums with oozy muddy green-ish water.😢 Every now and then i see 1 fish die in seizures right in front of my eyes. I don't know why, but i can't help looking at those aquariums while walking through those aisles. So i've already seen a few fish suffocating and resurfacing upside down absolutely breathless. Plus there are special aquariums with barely alive crawfish and crabs. If to look closer - about 30% of them are dead, and the rest of them climb upon their dead bodies in attempts to catch more bubbles of oxygene that comes from a tube in the corner of their plastic jail. ...Very oppressive view.
And i just remembered a conversation between you and me last year: we were talking about why Russians' life expectancy is so low compared to French people, e.g. I remember mentioning, that the reason is not only in the quantity of cigarettes and booze that they consume, but also in the quantity of dead flesh they devour,- its consumption skyrockets on holidays, like New Year eve or Labour day in May. When i stand in a queue at a checkout, i can't unsee loads of meat and dairy products they unload from their carts. Unfortunately, Russians have now become one of the most meat-eating nations worldwide.

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Saw it accidentally on Youtube and thought that some VVers, including @KLS52 , may be interested in this recipe. It's a vegan Christmas nutloaf, made by Dave and Steve from the channel "The happy pear".

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Wow, looks good! Very fancy!

@KLS so festive! I love it all!!

Today will be cookie day. I'm going to make sugar cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies and possibly mint chocolate chip cookies. I wanted to make peanut butter balls, but they might have to wait until tomorrow, as I have to buy a rice crispy-type cereal.

Oh, and KLS, I have those same little trees that you have on your shelf. I put them out with my Byers carolers. :D

Reactions: KLS52
Oh, and KLS, I have those same little trees that you have on your shelf. I put them out with my Byers carolers. :D
I love them. They stay out all year along with the gnome. 😊

Reactions: PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.