Best Christmas Present Ever

:smitten:
Not exactly a present but my most memorable Christmas was when I was about six years old. My mom was very sick when I was growing up...in hospitals more than not. This one particular time she was in the hospital and it was Christmas Eve. My dad sat my sister and me on the couch and said he had a surprise for us. He opened the door and in walked my mom. She got to spend Christmas with us before going back to the hospital the next day. It's a memory that has stayed with me always.

That is indeed a lovely story KLS.
I once read that the most important thing that you can offer a person, is a happy memory. Gifts never leave the same impression as a happy event.

/bump

Okay, I assume you've all opened your presents by now. So...whatcha get? Spill it! :D

Planet Earth (dvd) and a new camera which I ordered for my-self.

Many Christmas's ago ...

A 'magic' mirror, a present from my brother.

Had the words "Yes Trev you look TERRIFIC!!" engraved on it.

Came to believe the mirror after a while. I've only ever felt the deepest compassion towards people who are merely conventionaly beautifull since that point in my life.

Reactions: KLS52
It 'twas night before Christmas and all around the house...

Pipes gurgled and poo came up from sinks and drains like a scene from some B rated horror movie. We were the great unwashed knotting our legs and clenching between toilet runs to the garage loo.

Then An angel appeared sent down from Dyna Rod. He came bearing gifts of jetting machines and crowbars.

"Fear not " be said " for I am come to save you" And this he did.

Could I "pass the motion" proposing this man for a knighthood ?

I got a new pair of leg warmers this year and so far they've helped make the frigid weather a bit more tolerable. Definitely a useful present.
I'm a bit weird though considering I don't wear them in the traditional way. I wear them under my jeans. They are super long and stretchy so they cover my entire leg and thighs.

I got a la creusett casserole dish/pan this year. I'm so excited! You can put it on the hob and in the oven, exciting.

A few years ago I got a nut butter machine, which was amazing, but unfortunately it broke quite quickly. I don't think the motor was really ever strong enough for the work it needed to do... but I can't find a more industrious one to replace it with. Making my own nut butters was lovely though, while it lasted.

Reactions: Everleigh