August health Challenge (2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello August - I hope you're more enthusiastic about meeting my exercise goals than July. July gets a D.

The three pounds that showed up to mess with my head last week disappeared without any real effort on my part, thank goodness. What was that??? :confused:

August goals - maintain weight, get over 10.5 k steps 5-6 days a week, and make more banana ice cream.

Same goals as always. Maybe I will actually lose a pound or two this month! Stress eating a lot the last couple months and I think things are settling down a little now. Fingers crossed!

Still 9lbs above pre pregnancy weight :'D
The exact same as I have been the whole time hahaha.

I'm making no effort to lose it as it needs to be done with exercise & I have no opportunity or time to exercise really & on the rare occasion I do...have no motivation to.

Oops. I'll keep trying! Might get there one day.

I don’t understand how I can’t lose more than 2 pounds. I canceled the WW app because I’m trying to cut expenses. But it seems that if I don’t use the app and track my points with that, then I just fail. It’s weird because I’m eating the same foods as I did when I was tracking with the app. So it’s just frustrating. I also have slipped back into the sleeping pattern where I wake up at 2 o’clock and I don’t fall back to sleep until four or five so I get up too late to walk before work. If I don’t walk in the morning I’m not likely to walk at all. Sometimes I manage 10-15 minutes on my morning break at work. But after that it’s just too hot.

I hope to keep losing weight. I have about 8 more pounds to go. I wasn't going to step on the scale until my clothes felt right, but I'd felt a bit thinner, so I checked. I was happy it was down. My exercise was so-so for July. The first half of the month went well, but I totally slacked during the final two weeks. It's nice out today, so I'm going to walk to the market and pick up a couple of things I need. That will give me 4 miles of walking. I need to get back into my routine of 5 to 6 days a week of cardio and 2 to 3 days of toning.

Reactions: KLS52 and Katrina
I don’t understand how I can’t lose more than 2 pounds. I canceled the WW app because I’m trying to cut expenses. But it seems that if I don’t use the app and track my points with that, then I just fail. It’s weird because I’m eating the same foods as I did when I was tracking with the app. So it’s just frustrating. I also have slipped back into the sleeping pattern where I wake up at 2 o’clock and I don’t fall back to sleep until four or five so I get up too late to walk before work. If I don’t walk in the morning I’m not likely to walk at all. Sometimes I manage 10-15 minutes on my morning break at work. But after that it’s just too hot.
That is indeed frustrating. I've read that lack of sufficient sleep can affect weight loss efforts, which is doubly frustrating. Also, maybe mixing up what you've been eating might help nudge the needle a bit. Sometimes our bodies just get used to what we're doing, so a change here and there might help.

Reactions: Poppy

I'm taking a nice break from tracking of any kind. With Dad's hospital stuff this week and babysitting the girls next week, I just can't be focused on steps or calories right now. I have to admit though, I'm being more lenient food wise that I would be if I were tracking (I ate a half an avocado at lunch instead of my usual 1/4!). :rolleyes: Still its frustrating that I can't seem to be able to learn how to eat correctly for this particular body I live in. In order to eat what I want, I need to exercise A LOT, and if I don't, I definitely need to eat less. And I'm just no longer interested in going to the gym and signing up with a personal trainer in order to build the kind of muscle that would allow me significantly more calories. So crap.

Reactions: KLS52
My old Lululemon shirts fit me again! When my weight went up, the shirts no longer covered my stomach. Now they do. So I'm happy with my weight for now. I figure it will go down even more as I continue my training.

My goal for this month is to be able to run 10km. I need to get to 12km for the race in September, but 10km is close enough that I'll still be okay for race day. So, 10km for sure, and 12km is my bonus goal.

I've been running 3 times a week for the past few weeks. I'm able to continuously run 5km now. I am so proud of myself!

Oh, I also need to start doing weight training once a week.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Well, vacation is good for one thing...getting my steps in.
6AA6D182-D37B-467C-AF1B-3875EBF4C509.jpeg77CDF80D-78BF-49F2-BE34-A3B18337580B.jpeg

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I'm doing well with my workout schedule this week. I ran on Sunday (6km!!), did a strength training circuit on Monday, and ran again on Tuesday.

Last night I went swimming as my "active recovery" day. All I did was play in the water for 20 minutes and then read a book on the beach. I'm surprised at how much better my muscles felt afterwards!

Tonight is another run night, and then I get two days off. I'll probably do nothing at all on the one day and go to the beach another day, depending on the weather.

Oh, and I tested my fitness tracker and found that it's completely inaccurate at counting distance. I haven't tested it yet with my heart rate. I hope at least that feature works properly. Otherwise, I'll just switch to a normal watch that doesn't require weekly recharging. I don't want to shell out money for a FitBit or Garmin watch.

@KLS52 Wow! That's a lot of steps! Have you tried logging your food not he fitbit app? I think it's pretty easy.

I'm still taking a break from tracking. I can get a bit obsessed. :rolleyes: But I'm hangng out around my goal weight so no incentive to change.

Tomorrow I go get my blood pressure measured. No coffee in the morning for me! o_O

Reactions: KLS52
@KLS52 Wow! That's a lot of steps! Have you tried logging your food not he fitbit app? I think it's pretty easy.
I have not. I was too used to WW but I may check it out since I canceled WW. It would be interesting to see if it works for me.

I was doing something else along with the weight watcher logging, but I can’t remember what it was. They contradicted each other because it seemed I could eat more with Weight Watchers than I could with the other logging system. With the alternate one I had to count fruits because of the calories so I always went over but if I was counting points on weight watchers where my fruits were free I was losing weight. Very bizarre. I need to look into the Fitbit tracking and see how that goes.

WW is amazing when you follow the program.

Since I'm not much of a fruit eater, maybe that's why the fitbit works for me. If I eat to what they calculate to be a 250 or 500 calorie deficit (which I can easily do when I'm not drinking alcohol), I lose easily.

The fitbit program has nearly everything you'd ever buy in a super market or in a chain restaurant in it's database. When you try to calculate calories for a dish you've made, you can either put in the ingredients by themselves or just estimate (which is what I do).

I had an appointment for a blood pressure check this morning. I had to go in because 6 months ago, it was high - over 140. I’ve worked hard to bring it down, by walking regularly, losing weight and limiting alcohol to nearly nothing. It paid off!!! This morning it was 120/70! Phew! I did not want to go on meds. Now I’m in a cafe having my first coffee of the day. 😊

Reactions: PTree15
Status
Not open for further replies.