App for whole-food, plant-based recipes

D

Deleted member 8563

Hi! I am trying to improve my already plant-based diet (and mostly whole-food) for a number of reasons. I do not have enough time to plan all the meals for each week so I am looking for an app (ideally). It must contain whole-food, plant-based recipes (I do not want a vegan cookbook...) and it must use the metric system. Ideally, it should also provide some basic nutritional information (the more the better, obviously).
I thought I found one (the Forks Over Knives App) but they do not use the metric system and it's quite frustrating. Can anybody help me? It does not matter if it's not free, although I cannot spend too much money on a subscription-based app. Even a book would suffice. Thanks.

Hi! I am trying to improve my already plant-based diet (and mostly whole-food) for a number of reasons. I do not have enough time to plan all the meals for each week so I am looking for an app (ideally). It must contain whole-food, plant-based recipes (I do not want a vegan cookbook...) and it must use the metric system. Ideally, it should also provide some basic nutritional information (the more the better, obviously).
I thought I found one (the Forks Over Knives App) but they do not use the metric system and it's quite frustrating. Can anybody help me? It does not matter if it's not free, although I cannot spend too much money on a subscription-based app. Even a book would suffice. Thanks.

Good question. I fear that you are about to get Too Many good answers.

First off, I think our Non-American members are going to have the best answers. But I would like to say this right off. It shouldn't be too big a deal if the measurements are not metric. My measuring cup and my kitchen scale have both metric and US measurements. Are there metric measuring spoons? I don't think you would even have to convert. Just pour the ingredient to the proper line in the measuring device.

Second, I would like you to encourage you to take the time to do meal planning. You know what? In the long run, it will save you time (and money). My meal planning had been pretty hit or miss until shelter-in-place. Since I don't go to the grocery store but once a week it's important to do a weekly meal plan, shopping list, and then it's a logical extension to do meal prep in big batches.

Back to your question. My favorite app is FoodMonster. It has lots of good recipes. I believe the recipes come from OneGreenPlanet which is also one of my favorite sources of recipes. Not metric. but maybe they have something similar in Europe.

Not that long ago I got introduced to an app/website/browser extension called Copy Me That. I just love it. Quickly perusing it just now I see that a lot of the recipes are "measurement neutral". i.e. one onion or one tablespoon. In Copy Me That you can search for recipes by name, like "scrambled tofu" or "lima bean soup". It also has "tags" and you can filter by "vegan" or "plant-based" or "InstantPot". Whenever I see a recipe I want to make I "copy me that". When I make a recipe i add notes and a rating. You can check out my pages - they are under Lou2005.