What's Your Favourite Tipple?

I have to be very careful with margaritas because they taste so nice and I tell myself that the salt will keep my electrolytes balanced. That can be dangerous. So I don't drink them very often.

I absolutely love red wine. I do drink beer on occasion, but if I could only have one "tipple" for the rest of my life, and only on special occasions, I would definitely choose something like red zinfandel, malbec, or a good red blend like Our Daily Red.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned gin.:cool: I actually like a gin cocktail as much as tequila. Moreover the gin market in the UK has exploded in recent years with a staggering 73 millions bottles sold in 2018.;)

It's no longer the usual G&T but gin has gained popularity due to the different botanicals used to create such a variety of flavours. Hence, the different cocktails make it one of the most trendiest spirits used for cocktails. There is even a pink gin and violet flavoured gin which make the most enjoyable cocktails during the summer months. :cool:

''The boom in gin sales in the UK has led the number of distilleries almost tripling in five years, new results have revealed.''

''Once Great Britain's tipple of choice, gin has become the artisan spirit of the age. As a new generation of gin-thusiasts emerges, seeking botanical perfection from their own front rooms and farms.''

• Informative
Reactions: Lou and KLS52
I have to be very careful with margaritas because they taste so nice and I tell myself that the salt will keep my electrolytes balanced. That can be dangerous. So I don't drink them very often.

I absolutely love red wine. I do drink beer on occasion, but if I could only have one "tipple" for the rest of my life, and only on special occasions, I would definitely choose something like red zinfandel, malbec, or a good red blend like Our Daily Red.
I love Our Daily Red! I just tried it a couple of weeks ago.

It's tough to pick a favorite. I'm a big fan of craft beer, red wine and Jameson whiskey straight up. I also like vodka mixed with cranberry juice or tonic. Tanqueray and tonic also is a favorite in the summer.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned gin.:cool:

I know why I didn't mentioned. With all due respect, I just never acquired a taste for it. It's one of those ones I tried as a juvenile and just never liked it or wanted to try it again. As a former bartender I tried many times to like gin, but I don't know what it is about it, I just can't stand the stuff or even the smell. To each their own.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I know why I didn't mentioned. With all due respect, I just never acquired a taste for it. It's one of those ones I tried as a juvenile and just never liked it or wanted to try it again. As a former bartender I tried many times to like gin, but I don't know what it is about it, I just can't stand the stuff or even the smell. To each their own.

I suppose that I was under the impression that many people from north America liked gin due to martinis that where popular at one time. In those black and white movies, everyone seemed to be drinking a martini. 🤣

Gin is one of the most popular drinks in the UK but as you say people have different tastes. Have you ever tried the new type of gins that have been launched over recent years ? They have a multitude of different botanicals and really taste quite different to the former versions ?

I want to hear more about the Goose Photographer.

What can I say..I'm married to a man who is obsessed with Geese - rightly so actually because they're adorable (especially Canada Geese) and living on a boat we get to know individual geese quite well. He posts his works on Twitter (@fowlphotos) if you're on there and need more geese in your life... :)

Reactions: KLS52