What's Your Favourite Tipple?

Tipple? Never heard that one.

I'm an IPA drinker, and I like bourbon.

Port Brewing Hop-40, Great Divide Hercules, and Moylan's Hopsickle are some favorite beers.

I'm not too good for plain old Jim Beam white label but Eagle Rare is my go-to "nice" bourbon and I treat myself to Blanton's every once in a while.

My friend owns some property we've built a bunch of mountain bike trails and jumps/drops on....we just call it "the meadow". His mom lives just up the hill and she makes wine, she'll usually come down with a few bottles for us and we'll get pretty buzzed on that. So Meadow Wine makes the list too!

Another favourite tipple is a Tom Collins cocktail made with gin, fresh lemon juice and fizzy water.

Named after a hoax that was doing the rounds of New York in 1874, the Tom Collins has immortalised itself into one of the most iconic gin cocktails around.

Reactions: PTree15
Do you drink your whisky on the rocks or diluted with water ?

I really like whisky but no longer drink it. as it is a migraine trigger.

I don't drink whiskey with ice, ever, but depending on the quality, water sometimes plays into the picture. Good quality whiskey is fine straight up for me.

I don't drink whiskey with ice, ever, but depending on the quality, water sometimes plays into the picture. Good quality whiskey is fine straight up for me.

That's the way Scots drink their whisky.
I remember once having done a Whisky brand tasting at a hotel in Newcastle. We had several brands to drink and I could only manage a few sips per glass. It was all drank straight; no frills, no fuss and no ice. :D I believe that it's popular in the US to have ice with spirits such as whisky and vodka.

I love the taste of alcoholic beverages but sadly more than a few sips puts me over the edge. I’m very sensitive to alcohol for some reason. I love pina coladas...any mixed drink that is sweet really.

I love the taste of alcoholic beverages but sadly more than a few sips puts me over the edge. I’m very sensitive to alcohol for some reason. I love pina coladas...any mixed drink that is sweet really.

Have you ever tried tequila ? :)

I usually make a margarita adding either some cointreau or Grand Marnier plus fresh lime juice. I also add a few drops of stevia for extra sweetness. :)
Oh yum...yes, I’ll have that, lol.

Sometimes my son comes home with a bottle of Rye or Scotch and he laughs because I’ll pour my three sips in a glass and add stevia because I like it sweet, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: shyvas
I seriously had to look up the word "Tipple" LOL. I gave all that up over a year ago, but wine used to be my go-to, though a Cosmo or margarita was not out of the question. I highly recommend Barnivore for locating vegan alcoholic beverages. :)

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas and Lou
Goose Island is a favourite for me if I'm in the mood for beer. I'm married to a goose photographer so that gets approval at home! I'm currently working on a Jack Daniels and coke though.

If I'm feeling posh, I like a nice single malt.

I want to hear more about the Goose Photographer.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas