What's in your Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the planter box. I planted herb seeds in two of the sections and I am saving one section for a tomato. I planted oregano, cilantro, parsley, mint, and basil. We shall see if they grow!

IMG_20210407_123822.jpg

Here is the side of the patio which faces East and gets lots of sun. The edger things are to hold the water which wants to flow down the hill!

IMG_20210407_123745.jpg

This pepper plant is still producing peppers after surviving the winter! I didn't know peppers could last that long! Kevin gave me this plant from last season when they moved and I have harvested several peppers this year!

IMG_20210407_123757.jpg

This is one of my most dreaded threads once the warm weather hits, mainly because I’m always jealous of what everyone else does lol. 😁

I’m surprised that I don’t have any crocuses here. We moved in last May and I’m pretty sure there quite a few flowers. But I only have a few daffodils. I would have expected to se some crocuses.
I did some Spring cleaning so I’m excited about that. I found quite a few things sprouting up but I have no idea what they are. I want to get to a garden place this year. I really want some Catmint.

FEBAB82B-2CAC-42ED-92EB-623EEF0BE9D0.jpeg3C4DFC77-8734-46C4-B6DC-BC3D0095692A.jpeg22B739DB-9334-45E7-BDCD-AD9C8FA21611.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Chryssie and shyvas
The jar tomatoes finally look like tomatoes! I had never grown them from seeds before so was quite anxious about them! My herbs have started growing too! My hibiscus has two shades of peach/pink flowers!

IMG_20210416_175444.jpg

IMG_20210416_180934.jpg

I found these little shoots as I was cleaning up some of the dead leaves. No idea what anything is. I know I had some irises last year. Apparently my other photos are too large to upload. 😠

9B589E3E-EC9D-4E82-994A-8A4D1D76C2E9.jpeg

Reactions: Chryssie
Perhaps iris and lily of the valley? Who knows? :confused:
You just prompted my memory...I went a few pages back and found some pictures I posted when I moved in!

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
Here is the completed flower garden! Finally! And the herbs and transplanted tomatoes and the side flowers which are doing very well, and the new cute little dragonflies windchime that lights up at dark.

IMG_20210508_192251.jpg

IMG_20210508_192238.jpgIMG_20210508_192315.jpgIMG_20210508_192339.jpg

Chryssie that's so pretty! Are the pink flowers impatients?
I need a solar thingy, I love dragonflies

Hi,

Chryssie thank you for directing me here.​

I'm a new member and we garden. I looked for gardening threads but didn't find them, but Chryssie was so helpful in directing me here!

We're not a farm, we have an acre, and on it, fruit trees and bushes, asparagus gardens, a raised bed cover framed strawberry garden, a raised bed cover framed lettuce/kale garden, and 3 tillable gardens where we raise vegetables. We use landscape fabric to save us from 95 % of the weeding. We have three trellises, two with raspberries and one with grapes we are working on. We winter sow our transplants in spring, this is our second year doing that. We're always trying new things and both of us like to learn new things.

I have some help from my husband but I do a lot of canning because we can what we eat. When we did the calculations we found we eat about 20% of the weight of food we eat as canned food, almost all of it home canned, salt and sugar free now. We also have dehydrated and fermented and frozen food but I don't have any numbers on that.

May is a super busy time for us, moving the transplants into the gardens. It looks to be a great year shaping up. I hope I have time in the future to share some of our gardening with you all. I really appreciate the pictures I'm seeing here! Awesome!

Chryssie that's so pretty! Are the pink flowers impatients?
I need a solar thingy, I love dragonflies
Yes they are! The dragonflies light up and change color! It is so cool! I have to move it into the sun to charge it up.

@feather You are so welcome! Can you take some pictures of your garden and post them?

Reactions: feather
This is the prettiest --'weed'? It spreads like crazy, the pink flowers stay all summer, and near fall the leaves turn beautiful shades of red! It's really crowded out the not so pretty weeds
Robert Geranium

Attachments

• 20210601_145913.jpg
    20210601_145913.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: feather
gardens 007.JPG
3 tillable gardens and 2 raised, and 3 tiny raised......this is the smallest tillable garden.

gardens 004.JPG
This is the biggest one.
gardens 020.JPG
Medium size one.
gardens 011.JPG

Blackberry and raspberry and grape trellises, some of them.

• Love
Reactions: Lou and Chryssie
Status
Not open for further replies.