What's in your Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My catmint is coming up nicely. Haven't planted flowers yet or done any real cleanup. Garden funds are low this year so will only be doing some basics and most likely no vegetables since I'm so bad at it and don't want to throw money away.
IMG_3879.jpg

VERY impressive, Chryssie!

I wish I had started my plum/sauce tomato seeds earlier than about a month ago- but maybe it was for the best. We had a cool spring and maybe the seedlings wouldn't have done well (even though, of course, I'm growing them indoors). They're small, but they're healthy.

One of my starter pots has a tiny kale plant coming up, as well as a sunflower... but I don't recall starting any of those indoors this year?...:iiam:

ETA: I forgot to mention: I'm definitely going to have peaches this year. I picked off some of the tiny peaches that were too close together to grow, but I've still got a lot of them and I think the tree is strong enough to support an actual crop this year instead of just 2 or 3 peaches on thw strongest branch. Last year it was sturdy too, but we had an early frost and all the buds died. And I have some butternut squash plants coming up.

I planted some blackeyed peas over at my community garden plot.

Last edited:
I don't have any photos yet as we just planted three weeks ago lol. But I am growing onions, collard greens, and carrots in our main garden, and another plot with tomatoes (those were already started). In our screened in porch we are growing basil, curly parsley, and oregano, all herbs I use often. They are in boxes and the porch is right off the kitchen which is convenient! I can't wait to start making pesto again. :)

I bought two beefsteak tomato plants and this time I'm going to find a spot in the yard to plant them instead of doing it in containers. I'm tired of planting vegetables with no benefit of actually getting vegetables. So this will be my last hurrah. If the wildlife get to the plants, so be it. I want to at least see if I can get them to grow, flower and fruit. If they start to thrive I will consider doing a small plot next year and fence it in.

Reactions: Val and Chryssie
Thanks, Chryssie!

Last year everything got eaten, way before ready! I am going to make a fence. No, really I am. I swear. Haven't done it yet, but I will, this weekend.
My peas started to sprout! I should get more basil, and need mint.

I have lots of tomatoes on the vines, but they are not turning red. :???: I wants to eats them.

I need to get the plants I bought in the ground, ASAP...three tomato plants and a few flowers. The dahlias are starting to bloom and they're beautiful.

Reactions: Val
Boy am I sorry I didn't till the garden! The plants in the ground aren't doing much, but the tomatoes in pots with potting soil are growing nicely.

Reactions: Val and Chryssie
Status
Not open for further replies.