Whatcha Eatin?

Leftovers ; pureed vegetable soup with a drizzle of evo plus a sprinkle of smoked paprika/yeast flakes.
A slaw with a few warm nuggets plus a spoon of Plamil.
A coconut milk yogurt plus a mandarin. I'm eating a lot of citrus fruit as I need extra Vit C due to all of the bugs that are going around atm. :(

Reactions: Emma JC
I made a hearty soup with meatless grounds, chickpeas, black beans, orzo and chopped carrots/celery. It doesn’t look pretty but it was extremely tasty.

Reactions: Emma JC
I made an amazing dinner yesterday - tofu stir fried with tons of pickled ginger, fresh arugula, half a bulb of garlic, maple syrup, apple cider, a bit of tamari, and of course olive oil.

I felt really incredible after eating it. And it tasted delicious. I need to get more tofu so I can make ginger tofu again.

Tonight, I wasn’t that hungry. I just had some arugula and a star fruit.

I made some steel cut oatmeal on Monday, but didn't portion it out well for a third day. There's just not enough for this morning, so I am toasting some apricot loaf (like raisin bread) to go with my oatmeal and fruit. So yummy!

Oatmeal. I kind of want to crumble up a chocolate chip cookie and put it in there... 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: Urban Gardener
I tried Violife's "just like feta" today. They aren't lying! I would have spit it out and re-read the ingredients if it didn't say 100% vegan on the label. Definitely the most realistic substitute I've tried, felt like I was breaking the rules!

I am having a healthy lunch. I'm making a no oil bean chilli and having it with salad and salsa. :heart_eyes: It smells lovely cooking.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I am having a healthy lunch. I'm making a no oil bean chilli and having it with salad and salsa. :heart_eyes: It smells lovely cooking.
I’m having just the opposite! Rice Krispies treats made with dandies marshmallows, apple pie from Bishop’s Orchard, accidentally vegan, and my homemade vegan peanut butter balls! All for breakfast! I did have half a cup of oatmeal first just to balance it out. I will say, I don’t feel great right now but today will be my last hurrah. I will get back on the healthy wagon starting tomorrow.

we are having cereal with berries this morning because we really wish to eat our Christmas dinner today....

yesterday we had beans on toast and hash brown for brunch (unfortunately around 1:30) and so we were not even remotely hungry enough to consider making a big meal, so we decided to have it today instead

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52
I’m having just the opposite! Rice Krispies treats made with dandies marshmallows, apple pie from Bishop’s Orchard, accidentally vegan, and my homemade vegan peanut butter balls! All for breakfast! I did have half a cup of oatmeal first just to balance it out. I will say, I don’t feel great right now but today will be my last hurrah. I will get back on the healthy wagon starting tomorrow.
Ohhhh, Bishop's Orchard is great! I haven't been there in ages. I love your breakfast! I had four cookies for breakfast yesterday and a piece of toast with peanut butter. I, too, had a peanut butter ball. :D

Right now, I'm having toast with peanut butter, an orange and a mug of coffee. (Cookies will be for dessert later.)

I'm nibbling on chickwheat as I prepare a stuffing casserole. Anyone else try this recipe?
It's so easy, this is my third time making it, but it is tougher than most I make, and really needs sauced or gravy. I forget how I hated shredding it :confounded:

I finished my breaded/air fried portobello mushrooms and roasted potatoes. No more snack so far but I know I will indulge before the day ends. I might finish the Apple pie or let husband have it and I’ll have another PB ball instead.

I just made some mushroom soup from scratch. I usually blend it smooth, but this time I left it chunky. I used white miso to give it some additional flavour. This time I used crimini, Portobella and king oyster mushrooms. Sure is yummy!

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I made a pot of brown rice, more ginger tofu, and more vegan chorizo with jalapeños. So I’ll have leftovers for a while and can take a break from cooking.

I want to go to the health food store tomorrow and get some vegan cookies.