Whatcha Eatin?

I'm having a cup of detox herbal tea and then I will have a green smoothie, some fresh fruit and toasted crumpets.

I'm going to have leftovers of the chilli I made for lunch later. I might have it with quinoa, and with salsa of course.

I had a good breakfast...a slice of ww toast and tofu scramble. But I am about to finish off the apple pie. It’s in the air fryer getting nice and crisp!

In 3-4 hrs i'm planning to eat chia seeds soaked in disgusting juice, lol.:smile:
The benefits from chia seeds are absorbed best if they're ground, just like flax seeds. I pre-grind about 1/2 a cup of chia and flax every few weeks. Then you can add it to just about anything -- oatmeal, smoothies, soup, granola, cereal, baked goods, etc. Just keep in mind that it still works like an egg replacer and can thicken some dishes you might not want it to.

Also, if you've bought pre-ground flax or chia at the store before -- DON'T. When it sits on the shelf for very long it not only loses a lot of nutrition, it can cause intestinal irritation making you bloated, gassy, and uncomfortable. But that's not the case of you grind it yourself and use it within a couple months.

Leftover green lentil & vegetable soup with a sprinkle of yeast flakes/smoked paprika and a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil.
Granary baguette toast with a slice of nut roast plus a sprinkle of smoked Cornish sea salit and some cranberry compote.
Fresh fruit.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Last night I made High Carb Hannah's Vegan Corn Chowder. It was/is really good!
Takes longer than advertised.

Reactions: Emma JC
Last night I made High Carb Hannah's Vegan Corn Chowder. It was/is really good!
Takes longer than advertised.
Sounds quick, but I would add everything in IP and set for 3 min--maybe add the coconut milk after cooking. I gave up sauteing things for soup!
No potatoes though! I always think potatoes should be in all chowder!

Reactions: Emma JC
Sounds quick, but I would add everything in IP and set for 3 min--maybe add the coconut milk after cooking. I gave up sauteing things for soup!
No potatoes though! I always think potatoes should be in all chowder!
Oooops!
I read your comment about "No potatoes" and realized that I referred to the wrong corn chowder. ( I have 4 in my CopyMeThat page.)

I was planning on making the High Carb Hannah but I didn't have any red lentils. So I made the one from Nora Cooks. It does contain potatoes.

In fact, it is the potatoes that made the recipe "take longer than advertised". Nora states, "Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender". this step took a lot longer than 10 minutes. And I was using the InstantPot - but not as a pressure cooker - just as a soup pot. I may have not used the right setting.

OH! I just discovered that Nora has an "InstantPot Vegan Corn Chowder", it includes white beans, too. She recommends pressure cooking for 6 minutes. I'm gonna make that one next.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Lentil, vegetable and chestnut soup with a sprinkle of yeast flakes plus a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil.
Cabbage & avocado slaw with lemon vinaigrette plus a spoon of Plamil.
A mandarin
Blueberry & elderflower white tea/stevia.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52