Whatcha Eatin?

I was cold and hungry when I got in so we have ordered McPlant meals.🤩☺️

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
Baked banana oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter.

I'm hooked on this YouTuber (Dani Spies, her channel is Clean & Delicious), whose all about whole foods. I'm trying to eat less processed food and more greens and fruit. I slack on greens and fruit in the winter for some reason and gravitate too much to white flour carbs for my liking. So she's good about balancing things. I like her because she also has vegan recipes as well as non-vegan ones. And with the non-vegan ones, she'll often give good vegan subs.

She's all about whole foods and healthy fats, so this has been good for a nutrition reset. :) Here's the recipe, which is totally tweak-able. I'd probably add some walnuts and maybe fold in some raisins, but it was tasty as is. It makes about 6 servings, so now I have breakfast figured out for the week, which is nice!

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Baked banana oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter.

I'm hooked on this YouTuber (Dani Spies, her channel is Clean & Delicious), whose all about whole foods. I'm trying to eat less processed food and more greens and fruit. I slack on greens and fruit in the winter for some reason and gravitate too much to white flour carbs for my liking. So she's good about balancing things. I like her because she also has vegan recipes as well as non-vegan ones. And with the non-vegan ones, she'll often give good vegan subs.

She's all about whole foods and healthy fats, so this has been good for a nutrition reset. :) Here's the recipe, which is totally tweak-able. I'd probably add some walnuts and maybe fold in some raisins, but it was tasty as is. It makes about 6 servings, so now I have breakfast figured out for the week, which is nice!

What do you use as a sub. for the egg whites? A bit too carby for my breakfast-get sugar spikes when I eat bananas and oats. Perhaps adding apple puree instead of bananas, adding linseed (flax) chopped nuts and or some nut butter seems better. You could also add some soya protein powder to the mixture.

I was feeling sluggish after eating so much junk food lately so I have had a clementine, grapes and green tea and then I made a vegan Greek salad with Violife cheese.:)

• Friendly
Whole wheat pizza (Lidl) with extra FYH cheese, oregano and Greek black olives.
White cabbage slaw with Dijon vinaigrette/pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes.

What do you use as a sub. for the egg whites? A bit too carby for my breakfast-get sugar spikes when I eat bananas and oats. Perhaps adding apple puree instead of bananas, adding linseed (flax) chopped nuts and or some nut butter seems better. You could also add some soya protein powder to the mixture.
I just used EnerG egg replacer. In the video, she said the egg whites were the equivalent of two eggs. I was thinking apples would be good in this as well instead of the bananas. And walnuts and raisins. :) It was very good, though. I'll be making it again.

Reactions: shyvas and KLS52
Did she get that banana from a compost pile? :hurl:

Yeah yeah, not supposed to trash other peoples trash--I mean food..... :ignore:

I've been really good about keeping my comments on so much stuff to myself I had to let a bit out.

I cooked some cabbage, red potatoes and chickpeas in some seitan broth, then cooked some orzo in the broth and added to it. I really dislike red potatoes texture, wish I'd used russets, but at least they're now gone

Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC

I've been really good about keeping my comments on so much stuff to myself I had to let a bit out.
lol 😂 I was thinking the same thing!

• Haha
Reactions: shyvas
I just used EnerG egg replacer. In the video, she said the egg whites were the equivalent of two eggs. I was thinking apples would be good in this as well instead of the bananas. And walnuts and raisins. :) It was very good, though. I'll be making it again.

I see. I stumbled across a very similar recipe to your one, whilst I was looking for a link for a friend for high fibre food. It contained
oats, banas, pb,nuts and buckwheat honey which you could sub with a sugar free liquid.

Carres-d-avoine-banane-miel-de-sarrasin.jpg

I cooked some cabbage, red potatoes and chickpeas in some seitan broth, then cooked some orzo in the broth and added to it. I really dislike red potatoes texture, wish I'd used russets, but at least they're now gone

Same here. I find that they taste awful; like iron.

Other than the overly ripe banana, I think it sounds really good and I will probably try it. I’ve been looking for some kind of oat bar…maybe even add something for a little more protein. I wonder if, instead of milk, I could use my Ripple vanilla protein drink? 🤔

Reactions: PTree15