Whatcha Eatin?

I went to Starbucks this morning and we tried the Beyond burger bap and a wrap with beans and tofu in. Both were quite nice. We also tried a cake there, raspberry and almond, I think.

Then I had lentil ragu with spaghetti at a restaurant.

Reactions: Emma JC
Angel hair pasta with garlic/olive oil, nutritional yeast and vegan parmesan. Soooooo good!

• Love
Baked banana oatmeal with a dollop of peanut butter.

I'm hooked on this YouTuber (Dani Spies, her channel is Clean & Delicious), whose all about whole foods. I'm trying to eat less processed food and more greens and fruit. I slack on greens and fruit in the winter for some reason and gravitate too much to white flour carbs for my liking. So she's good about balancing things. I like her because she also has vegan recipes as well as non-vegan ones. And with the non-vegan ones, she'll often give good vegan subs.

She's all about whole foods and healthy fats, so this has been good for a nutrition reset. :) Here's the recipe, which is totally tweak-able. I'd probably add some walnuts and maybe fold in some raisins, but it was tasty as is. It makes about 6 servings, so now I have breakfast figured out for the week, which is nice!
Here's another version. It came across my Facebook feed. I still haven't made one yet but I'm going to! This is not as healthy as the one you linked to which is probably why it appeals to me lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I'm going to make a black bean & vegetable salad with some leftover marinated af tofu with
vinaigrette/pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes.

Fresh fruit for dessert.

I made a huge batch of black beans in the IP as I'm going to make a chilli for tonight's dinner. The beans
still don't match up to the ones that I bought at Aldi's in the UK. The best ever.

Are they like lemon tarts? One of my favourite desserts ever.
Kind of, sort of…they are a “raw” dessert. Very lemon-y but not as nice as a tart. But it satisfies the craving for a sweet/lemon treat.

yesterday was the usual steel cut oat / split red lentil breakfast (molasses, date, lots of berries, banana, ground flax etc) with pb on toast and today will be breakfast beans on toast, a side of Just Egg patties/cheez shreds/jalapeno, orange/banana sliced

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52
Mole style black bean, sweet potato, veggie mince chilli topped with Tofutti, sliced avocado,
a squirt of lime juice and a sprinkle of Tajin. A slice of warm (sugar free) cornbread.

An orange.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52