Whatcha Eatin?

I had a banana yoghurt and some cashew nuts and then for my second breakfast ( :D) I had vegan chicken slices, green olives, sliced cucumber and the rest of the marinated artichokes.

• Love
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Leftovers as I'm making a point of not throwing anything away with the high cost of food.

A couple of air fried veggie nuggets, leftover cauliflower & sweet potato salad with vinaigrette
and yeast flakes.
Leftover veggie & vegetable tagliatelle.
Coconut milk yogurt with a few drops of salted Cornish caramel/sweetener.
Strawberry & raspberry cold brew with sweetener.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Mmm...I made myself breakfast sandwich this morning. On my fresh baked bun I used a folded Just Egg with some flattened out Gardein breakfast sausages. They're easy to shape into the right size if you thaw them. I just press a couple of them into a large patty under some plastic wrap. To finish my breakfast sandwich I melted a slice of Violife on top then served it with a slice of fresh juicy heirloom tomato.

If I had a food truck, these bad boys would be on it. OMG, this is so tasty!

I have to try the egg substitutes one day. I remember I had one but I didn't like it. That was years ago, though. They probably have improved since then.

The last thing I ate was some Plant Chef mini sausage rolls.

Reactions: PTree15
I have to try the egg substitutes one day. I remember I had one but I didn't like it. That was years ago, though. They probably have improved since then.

The last thing I ate was some Plant Chef mini sausage rolls.

I had JustEgg when I was in CA and it's not bad. However, it doesn't taste like an egg but we can't complain. Over here there is
no product like it and if you want an egg substitute, you simply go without. Same for ice cream as it's very hard to find a store
that has a vegan version of dairy.

I had JustEgg when I was in CA and it's not bad. However, it doesn't taste like an egg but we can't complain. Over here there is
no product like it and if you want an egg substitute, you simply go without. Same for ice cream as it's very hard to find a store
that has a vegan version of dairy.
Are they like scrambled eggs? I looked and they all seem to be like that.

My husband misses fried eggs as he started eating them a lot when he turned veggie but he doesn't like scrambled, annoyingly.

Reactions: shyvas
Are they like scrambled eggs? I looked and they all seem to be like that.

My husband misses fried eggs as he started eating them a lot when he turned veggie but he doesn't like scrambled, annoyingly.

I made a faux omlette with the JE. I used to like creamy scrambled eggs when I was a veggie so I would imagine that JE
won't do

Reactions: Raven
Are they like scrambled eggs?
The liquid Just Egg scrambles nicely. The folded Just Egg is more like a folded omelette. I find the flavour very close to real egg and it works very well with recipes that require egg. I've made fritattas and quiche with it also. It's a heck of a lot tastier than chickpea scrambles.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
The liquid Just Egg scrambles nicely. The folded Just Egg is more like a folded omelette. I find the flavour very close to real egg and it works very well with recipes that require egg. I've made fritattas and quiche with it also. It's a heck of a lot tastier than chickpea scrambles.

Scrambled eggs are very different in the UK compared to American ones.

Dinner tonight is a creamy vegetable soup made from a great variety of veg plus soy milk, drizzled over a bunch of baked brussels sprouts and a few assorted odds and ends such as asparagus spears and dolmades. Yesterday it was a Beyond Burger plant-based pattie and veg. Often people say these things are very Bad, but I really like them.