Whatcha Eatin?

it is too bad that you can't stand turmeric, I put it on almost everything including my oatmeal - I combine it in a shaker with an equal amount of pepper and never even notice the taste or the smell as there is usually so many other tastes that it just blends in
I read about that trick - maybe it came from you - or I thought I got it from CheapLazyVegan. I finally found an extra salt shaker and was going to do that but I was unsure of the proper ratio. 1:1 seems like it would be too peppery. do you know if there is a recommended ratio? I'm going to see if I can look it up.

• Informative
Reactions: EllieW
I was at my sister's and she was making one of those mini pizzas. English muffin, pizza sauce and cheese.
Just broil it in the toaster oven till the cheese melts.

I realized I usually have all those ingredients- I just made one for lunch. I think its going into the regular rotation.

A big bowl of RUSSET mashed potates, with gravy made with the simmering broth I had from the truky seitan. I had frozen the starch water from the last time I made washed flour seitan, likes months ago. It worked soooo well, and so easy! I still have enough for 3 more batches of gravy

A Vanilla Oatmilk Latte. A sandwich of Violife Mature Cheddar slices, Yves Veggie Bologna with mustard on sourdough rye.
For lunch having Beyond Burgers on a roll with mayo, mustard, dill relish, tomato, onion.

I read about that trick - maybe it came from you - or I thought I got it from CheapLazyVegan. I finally found an extra salt shaker and was going to do that but I was unsure of the proper ratio. 1:1 seems like it would be too peppery. do you know if there is a recommended ratio? I'm going to see if I can look it up.

I do 1:1 and don't even notice the pepper.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
no bananas again so it's a noodley soup day although I have some leftover plain rigatoni from the other night so maybe I will put in that instead of noodles - lots of veggies etc.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
You only need a little black pepper to turmeric!
1 part blackpepper to 4 tumeric.
I mix 2 Tblp pepper to 1/2 cup tumeric in a jar when I make capsules

A Waldorf salad. I had half an apple left over from something else I'd made, and it was the perfect amount.
Ohhhhh. I wanted waldorf, but got tired of buying food! Did you have the pineapple, the grapes, celery, walnuts and the delicious dressing?

• Love
I had a Butter Rum Oatmilk Latte. For breakfast, a crust of sourdough rye with peanut butter and a slice toasted with grape jelly. I thought the jelly on sourdough rye would be awful but it was good!
For lunch, spaghetti with my beyond beef sauce I grabbed out of the freezer. Was going to make mac and cheez but too tired to make the sauce.
Sipping now on a Dulce de Leche oatmilk latte.