Whatcha Eatin?

So apparently Boca has turkey burgers. I don’t like the regular Boca burgers but I tried the turkey and they’re really good. I’m happy because I usually eat the Boca chicken patties but these turkey burgers are half the calories. 😁

Reactions: phlubup
So apparently Boca has turkey burgers. I don’t like the regular Boca burgers but I tried the turkey and they’re really good. I’m happy because I usually eat the Boca chicken patties but these turkey burgers are half the calories. 😁

I'm a huge fan of Boca burgers. I usually buy the chik'n or the original vegan burgers at Wallmart's. I find that they taste similar
to Aldi's but are cheaper.
I wish that I could find a similar product (including price wise) over here.:confused:

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Explain. Is it like a cookie/biscuit?

Leah Leneman quotes ' (she was an American living in the UK) ''Making biscuits (cookies) can be fiddly, but
with the 'bar kind there is no need to shape them before baking''.

I would say that they are between a granola bar and a flapjack. They are not overly crispy yet not like a sponge cake but more like a tray bake. They are
easy peasy to make and taste delicious. Moreover, you can control the amount of sugar and add anything you wish to the mixture.

Just change the basic recipe (peanut butter oaties; 'Easy Vegan Cooking') with ingredients that you like or have on hand!

They will keep in a tin and are handy when you're in need of a snack (like you :Dha ha) or if you're going out for a long walk/picnic.

The following photo is what they look like. However, I prefer to cut mine into thinner slices (bars) and not squares. I also make the batch in
the air fryer which is far more economical compared to using a huge oven.

I have a few of Leah's cook books which contain a lot of interesting recipes. She didn't really become famous as a vegan cookery author as she
died before the internet craze.

1618638179797.png

Muesli ; rolled organic oats (soaked in water), sunflower/chia/pumpkin seeds/chopped walnuts/bran plus a dollop of coconut milk yogurt,
raspberries/stevia.

Reactions: Emma JC
I think I'm going to make salad. A potato salad made with vegan mayo with cherry toms, cucumber, pepper, celery and sweetcorn.

Oh, I ate my leftover roasted chickpeas for breakfast, they could have gone in there too.

Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas