Whatcha Eatin?

It's not quite fresh ripe tomato season yet, but there's fresh basil everywhere. So I made a bruschetta for lunch. I know tomatoes actually aren't required in an authentic bruschetta, but to me that's the traditional one we all know and love. The truth is bruschetta is simply the process of preparing the bread or using up stale bread.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I'm going to make courgette noodles with my spiraliser that I barely ever use. Now it's summer I probably will use it more. I'm going to fry red onion in olive oil and have red pepper and tomatoes too, but raw. I'm just going to use a jarred sauce and put vegan cheese on top so not really raw but quite healthy.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
A banana at the moment, but I bought the most beautiful clusters of oyster mushrooms this morning. I'm just about to put them in the smoker for 30 mins, which should be just enough time to infuse a bit of smoky flavour. I also bought some lovely little organic red potatoes which will become dijon potato salad later today. Oh, and asparagus is on sale everywhere right now. I love it!

Reactions: Emma JC
A wholegrain brown rice salad made with roast red peppers, grated white cabbage, grated carrots, pumpkin/chia seeds, crispy
air fried spicy/smoked tofu, vinaigrette/yeast flakes
A coconut milk yogurt
Fresh fruit

I just tried these vegan burgers from Sainsbury's. They weren't anything special. I had them with buns and a salad.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC