Whatcha Eatin?

I've done chickpea (besan, or gram flour) flour omlettes with equal parts chikpea flour and water--I used to keep a mix in the fridge where I mixed a cup of flour with 1/2 teas baking powder, and 2 Tblsp ground flax, and spices. Mix 1:1 mix and water.
I liked to saute onions, mushrooms, peppers first, remove, then add the batter, cover a minute, flip, wait till top starts getting dry, add the stuff, roll.
I love kala namak even though I didn't like eggs!

I haven't done this in so long. It was like the only thing I used that chikpea flour for !
Thanks! I have the gram flour have used it to make sauces....I have never used Kala namak, don’t really want things to taste like eggs and I Did like them before! Going out for breakfast back in my twenties I almost Always had huge veggie stuffed omelettes...

Reactions: Emma JC
I made tofu the way Sarah from Sarah's Vegan Kitchen makes it. It came out pretty good. I added it to some steamed veggies and rice. the rest I'll add to my salad tomorrow.

My freezer has all these bags of frozen veggies that are like half or quarter filled. I'm going to try and figure out what I can just add them all to. Probably some kind of soup. Or maybe I can just put them in my big salad.

A red cabbage slaw with lemon/Dijon dressing, walnuts, raisins, pumpkin/chia seeds and a sprinkle of yeast flakes plus
a few slices of crispy (bacon flavoured) air fried tofu.
Soya yogurt/stevia
Mixed berry infusion

thank you all for the suggestions for the chickpea omelettes!! I wussed out and didn't make them and will be sure to let you know when I do

instead I just had the traditional beans/onion/jalapenos on toast with a side of smoky tempeh, banana/berries and toast

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: 1956
I finished my yellow curry. I added some red lentils and now I’m sopping up the rest of the gravy with a piece of garlic bread.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Toast with vegan ham, wholegrain mustard with cherry tomatoes and pimento stuffed green olives.

Leftover Tuscan style bean & vegetable soup with added diced frankfurters, a sprinkle of yeast flakes plus
a drizzle of evo
A coconut milk mango pudding
Cherry & hisbuscus infusion

I am going to make this tik tok breakfast trendy thing that Simnett Nutrition did on their last youtube video - a wrap with peanut butter, banana, jam and chocolate.... looks good and we have no water today (repairs) so figure it is easy to do and not many dishes... hmmm I don't have any strawberries but I do have frozen pineapple slices, maybe I will put them in or cherries, yes, frozen cherries would be amazing

Emma JC

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52
they were good albeit a bit sloppy as I put on too much jam - very tasty tho' and a nice change from oatmeal or a smoothie

Emma JC
It's a good idea to fold the tortilla wrap like that.

The last thing I ate was some vegan vanilla cake my husband spotted in a supermarket. Quite nice.

I am going to make this tik tok breakfast trendy thing that Simnett Nutrition did on their last youtube video - a wrap with peanut butter, banana, jam and chocolate.... looks good and we have no water today (repairs) so figure it is easy to do and not many dishes... hmmm I don't have any strawberries but I do have frozen pineapple slices, maybe I will put them in or cherries, yes, frozen cherries would be amazing

Emma JC

I just heard about the burrito wrapped like that. I'll stick to that!

I have had some tea and will probably have some toast for breakfast. Actually I'm going to have baked beans on toast with some cherry tomatoes.

Leftover Tuscan style bean & vegetable soup with a sprinkle of smoked paprika/yeast flakes and a drizzle of evo.
Granary baguette with spread and some pb
Soya yogurt/stevia
Strawberry & elderflower infusion

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
So funny! I saw that TikTok video as well and made a loaded quesadilla using that technique. It was awesome.

I just got in another 5,000 steps and came home and ate a slice of vanilla cake. :joy:

I had a random craving for hearts of palm. I doubt they sell that anywhere around here.:pout:

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I had hearts of palm for the first time several years ago at a salad bar in a restaurant in South Carolina. They were so good. So I bought them when I got back home and didn’t like them. :shrug: Never bought them again. I should try a different brand, although I am enjoying the artichoke hearts I’ve been putting in my salads.

I just got in another 5,000 steps and came home and ate a slice of vanilla cake. :joy:

I had a random craving for hearts of palm. I doubt they sell that anywhere around here.:pout:

Is that Wicked cake ? Sounds nice. Bosh also do a nice lemon cake. :)

Ocado sell GG heart palms. They aren't too bad when you add them to a salad. I've never eaten them raw, but my pal who lives downstairs
said that they taste so much better which isn't unusual.