Whatcha Eatin?

I microwaved a potato and mixed with vegan mayo, nooch, and salt--then thought to add some kala namak. If you're missing egg, this is the ticket!
I was not missing egg, and it tasted just like a hot egg salad :down::fp:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I microwaved a potato and mixed with vegan mayo, nooch, and salt--then thought to add some kala namak. If you're missing egg, this is the ticket!
I was not missing egg, and it tasted just like a hot egg salad :down::fp:
I always loathed egg salad. 😁 I like the rest of your potato, though!

I just had some banana-peanut butter ice cream. I hadn't made it in a while. It's so good!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I had blueberries and a blueberry yoghurt for breakfast and toast with Marmite for lunch. I have to finish the rest of the veggie soup I made as well.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I still had a box of Aldi vegan turkey cutlets, and fresh cranberries. I made sauce, baked the cutlets, and sauteed mushrooms broccoli and garlic
I was so hungry, and actually still kinda am... 🙄

I made the InstantPot version of Corn chowder. I think the recipe was wrong. the ingredients filled up the instant pot. I had to take the veggies out and just cook the beans and cashews. then cook the veggies and then combine the ingredients. it took twice as long and it was messy.

Of course if I make it again I will have to cut the recipe in half. the recipe calls for blending the cashews and beans. and chopping the veggies. I'm wondering if maybe I should use the food processor on the veggies, too. it came out sort of chunky. or maybe just go back to the original stove top version.

Leftover mince, orechiette & mushroom stew with a sprinkle of yeast flakes.
Coconut milk yogurt/stevia
A mug of cherry & hibiscus infusion

I made the InstantPot version of Corn chowder. I think the recipe was wrong. the ingredients filled up the instant pot. I had to take the veggies out and just cook the beans and cashews. then cook the veggies and then combine the ingredients. it took twice as long and it was messy.

Of course if I make it again I will have to cut the recipe in half. the recipe calls for blending the cashews and beans. and chopping the veggies. I'm wondering if maybe I should use the food processor on the veggies, too. it came out sort of chunky. or maybe just go back to the original stove top version.
Do you have a 3 quart? And isn't chowder supposed to be chunky? Mine is!
I made a flatbread pizza with marina, mushrooms olives and FYH parm.Then I snacked on snacky things :fp:
Time to get over this 'comforting food' thing, I'm starting to become uncomfortable!

For lunch, I had tacos, made with homemade garlic and basil tortillas. I topped my tortillas with quinoa, pinto beans, avocado, chopped greens, and diced tomato.
The meal was so delicious, I am making it all again to feed to my boyfriend for dinner! 😆😊👌🏼

Do you have a 3 quart? And isn't chowder supposed to be chunky? Mine is!
I made a flatbread pizza with marina, mushrooms olives and FYH parm.Then I snacked on snacky things :fp:
Time to get over this 'comforting food' thing, I'm starting to become uncomfortable!

I have the medium one. I think its 4 quarts. I never had a recipe be too big for it before.
Maybe it was too chunky. I don't like chopping veggies by hand. I usually just use the food processor. I am going to try just a half recipe and also use the food processor next time.

although I may not ever make this again. I heated it up for lunch and I'm now sure I liked my "original" recipe better than the IP recipe. Maybe I can combine the two. Or I'll just stick with the original .

I have the medium one. I think its 4 quarts. I never had a recipe be too big for it before.
Maybe it was too chunky. I don't like chopping veggies by hand. I usually just use the food processor. I am going to try just a half recipe and also use the food processor next time.

although I may not ever make this again. I heated it up for lunch and I'm now sure I liked my "original" recipe better than the IP recipe. Maybe I can combine the two. Or I'll just stick with the original .
I think it goes 3,6, 8 quart.
That is a lot! So many recipes for chowders.

Thinking now what I can do for tomorrows lunch. I really need to make more on weekends. I don't want another salad.
Not getting the inspiration I wanted here 🙄

For lunch, along with my bowl of chowder I had an avocado smash sandwich. One avocado and one half cup of shelled edamame. try having it on toast with lettuce, mayo, and tomato.

Leftover veggie pizza. I added tons of oregano, black Greek olives, garlic powder and a drizzle of evo to counteract the cumin. Sadly, I
could still taste the cumin. It tasted awful.

A red cabbage slaw with creamy walnut dressing, pumpkin seeds/yeast flakes.
A blueberry soya yogurt from Lidl. Nice !

I suggest trying High Carb Hannah's recipe, it is simple and any extras that I wish to add I just cooked separately (eg potatoes, carrots)

You can saute in the instant pot before adding the other ingredients.

I like the addition of the lentils.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Lou
Salad. Finely chopped lettuce, cucumbers, onions, carrots, celery, artichoke hearts, black olives, apple, with hummus dressing.

4BC9D64E-FC28-4CA4-AD7D-7AE88BBEE611.jpeg